Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2008 16:00

Battery Icon

I just purchased an Insperon 1525 running Vista.  The battery icon does not always appear in the system tray when the machine boots up.  Sometimes the power checkbox under the tray properties is greyed out and can't be checked.  Sometimes rebooting brings it back without doing anything else.

Anyone have thoughts on this? 

112 Posts

July 30th, 2008 17:00

I realize that, this is rebooting  and not using adapter.  Its there, its not there, its back, etc.  Very strange.  I was wondering if there is a Dell utility controlling the OS icon, because I can't figure out what is going on by just looking at Vista.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

July 30th, 2008 17:00

The battery icon only shows when you are actually running on battery alone. If you are plugged into the adapter/charger, it will show an electric plug icon.

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

July 30th, 2008 19:00

That's strange. Did you check in Power Options in Control Panel? Vista has different settings than XP and XP is what I have on my laptop. There is probably a setting in Change Advanced Settings that you should adjust. I found that quite a few default settings there need to be adjusted on a new computer. If you can't solve this by researching Help and changing settings, contact Dell Support.
No Events found!