8 Krypton

Black boxes

Hi, i have done searches in the monitor and video forums and have not found any info on this issue. When I am in say the start menu and mouse up or down the links, a black box flashes at each one but immediatley goes away. For instance if I move cursor from control panel up to my computer. The black box is slightly offset to the left and about two thirds the size of the link. This does not happen in my wifes profile only mine. Does any one have any idea what this may be? In system perfomance options all the boxes are ticked in both profiles yet it only happens on my profile. Thanks
Dell Dimension 2350 ,2gig p4,768mb ram, 60gb hardrive, sp2,windows xp home,Spyware blaster,Norton av,zone alarm,adaware,spybot sd, Microsoft anti spyware,Maxtor Onetouch11,200gig external hard drive.

Dell 2350, 768mb ram, 60gig hardrive,Maxtor 250gig external drive, zone alarm free version 7.0.483, Avg 7.5, IE 6

0 Kudos
2 Replies
chemical_xxx
6 Indium

Re: Black boxes

do you have norton?...because my norton just did an update and shut down my computer even though i told it not to,,,now i have the same lil black box issue...its driving me nuts,also my google search does not work now

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: Black boxes

chemical_xxx, this issue happened quite a while ago.I do not recall any particular fix or remedy. I think it just stopped happening! Yes I did have norton for quite a while but do not attribute this to norton.I have since got rid of norton and now use AVG 7.5. I am very happy with AVG and do not miss norton at all. Sorry I could be of no help to you but I never had any ill effects from the problem it was just annoying.

Dell 2350, 768mb ram, 60gig hardrive,Maxtor 250gig external drive, zone alarm free version 7.0.483, Avg 7.5, IE 6

0 Kudos