escorial
3 Zinc

Can DOUBLECLICK be removed for good?

I'm not sure is this is the correct area to post this but I suspect that DoubleClick has somthing to do with MS. I'm constattaly getting this showing up when I run my spyware.

TIA,

JJ

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kirkd
5 Rhenium

Re: Can DOUBLECLICK be removed for good?

Doubleclick is a tracking cookie that tries to get info that allows them to target you by advertisers. Download ad-aware (free) and run it periodically to remove this and others. Be aware that there are other sites which look like ad-aware. Ge HERE for the Lavasoft site.

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

Highlighted
escorial
3 Zinc

Thanks for the info but I already have Lavasoft Ad-Aware Pro. I would like to just block this for good as well as some other tracking cookies if possible. I did see on the Double Click Site that there is a option to OPT OUT but the Icon you click on to do so is not working.

J

Doubleclick is a tracking cookie that tries to get info that allows them to target you by advertisers. Download ad-aware (free) and run it periodically to remove this and others. Be aware that there are other sites which look like ad-aware. Ge HERE for the Lavasoft site.

JJR,

Inspiron 15R-5520

Win 7 64 Bit

7- Gold

Have you tried SpywareBlaster?

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
It will:
Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, browser hijackers, dialers, and other potentially unwanted software.
Block spyware/tracking cookies in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Restrict the actions of potentially unwanted sites in Internet Explorer.
Tutorial here:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial49.html
Periodically check for updates.

Windows Insider MVP 2016 -

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2006-2016

Social Media and Community Professional
SpywareHammer

I am not a Microsoft or a Dell employee. I am a volunteer.

0 Kudos