Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2012 17:00

Can Not Download Dell Updates After Having Too Re-install Windows 7

Honestly here I am very close to calling this company and completely cursing them the <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> out.

Your website is <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> , which is no surprise. Your <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> Drivers and Downloads webpage won't even let me expand the <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> labels so I can not even install anything. Just to get to that point is a  <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> because neither your (enter service tag) or (automatically detect my service tag) options will not even let you click the continue button. You have to log in, then close your browser, reopen the browser with (right-click) and select the webpage from the most recent visited just to get to the Drivers and Downloads page for my laptop. But even after that I can't do a  <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> thing.

So now I am wondering whether or not keeping this laptop is even worth it since I can't even re-install critical updates for my system. For <ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> sakes even Intel has the brains to make their website compatable so I can use a dell product and update my graphics card through their site. Which you don't even give the option to do. That is pathetic, as is the graphics card, it can barely run an OS as it is.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

October 7th, 2012 21:00

Feel free to re-phrase your question if you really want help.  What you seem to be experiencing is not typical.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 8th, 2012 15:00

Essentially you are having problems downloading the drivers from the Dell Drivers and Downloads Page.

I emphasise with your frustration and agree with you that the Dell Drivers and Downloads Page at current is pathetic.

Please go to the Dell ftp website: http://ftp.dell.com/Pages/Drivers/Laptops/ Select your system manually from the list and get the drivers from there. (Note older as well as newer versions of drivers are provided there, you only need the newest ones).

Please provide us the model of your Dell so we can further assist.

No Events found!