Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

July 20th, 2006 21:00

Cannot Uninstall Digital Line Detect!

I was setting up a Dell Inspiron 5100 laptop for my brother, and accidentally installed something I really didn't need out of the list of drivers and apps. The program is Digital Line Detect. So I try and uninstall this program, and it gives me the RUNDLL error

"Error loading C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll The specified module could not be found"

The laptop is running with Windows XP SP2, with all the latest updates. Please help, as this is most annoying. Thanks!

12.7K Posts

July 20th, 2006 21:00

Sometimes installing the software a second time will allow you to uninstall it.

4 Posts

July 20th, 2006 22:00

@mombodog wrote:
Sometimes installing the software a second time will allow you to uninstall it.

I am sorry, but I have tried this many times already. :smileysad:

4 Posts

July 20th, 2006 23:00

Yes, I know what the program is, thank you. I am sorry though that didn't really help the situation at hand.

4.4K Posts

I can't open securitystronghold.com, because it has been put in my HOSTS file by mvps hosts

127.0.0.1  www.securitystronghold.com #[Symantec.TrueSword]

see also

so if one of its products is bad, maybe not the most reliable site?

4 Posts

@JRosenfeld wrote:
I can't open securitystronghold.com, because it has been put in my HOSTS file by mvps hosts

127.0.0.1  www.securitystronghold.com #[Symantec.TrueSword]

see also

so if one of its products is bad, maybe not the most reliable site?

Yes, I actually tried the True Sword program, but it did not really do anything.

That's really besides the point though, as the real issue is trying to uninstall this Digital Line Detect. I did some digging beforehand, and read that it was a program made by BVRP, so I went over to their forums. They were no help, and told me to come here. It's rather frustrating. :smileyindifferent:

No Events found!