8 Krypton

Cannot uninstall program I recently downloaded and

I recently downloaded and installed Uniblue Registry Booster 2. Two days later I decided to uninstall it using the Add or Remove program in my control panel. Yesterday I saw the program was still listed on Start/Programs. It was also in the Add or Remove program. I went to the Registry Booster 2 folder and found the uninstall icon which I clicked to run. The uninstall failed and I received the error message "File E:\Program Files\Uniblue\Registry Booster 2\unins000.dat" does not exist. Cannot uninstall." The program listed on the "Add or Remove Programs" display shows only the option to remove (not change/remove). When I clicked the remove button I received the same error message. The uninstall programs say it does not exist but the file folders show the elements still there. Is there any way to remove this program from my computer?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Krypton

Re: Cannot uninstall program I recently downloaded and

Delete the programs folder and any other folder that has the same name ie, uniblue if that is what it is.

This is usually what is called a sloppy uninstaller, it removed the program but left behind some presents for you. You can right click delete the start/programs icon.

Now to get rid of the add/remove listing will require this program. http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10122137.html

Install it and update it but skip the restore point option, now there is a little configuring you need to do, open the program and go to Mode at the tool bar and select advanced, say yes to the popup. Now go to the tools tab on the left, in the right pane tick all but bug report, opt out. Now in the left pane are all the new tools you selected, use "uninstall info" to highlight and delete that uniblue entry in add remove programs. Be careful what you delete here. Enjoy the other nice tools also.

This is also one of the best malware removers out there. SpybotSD tab Search & Destroy button to scan the system, Immunize is a nice feature too. When doing updates, hit the search for updates button, if there are any, select all, then go to the button next to it and always select the safer networking #2 (Europe) server for the fastest download speeds, then hit the Download Updates button, you will have to select this server every time you update, they try to use mirrors to spread the bandwidth, but some are way to slow for me.

Best of all it is free, be sure to donate on the License and info tab if you like it.

Other free stuff from this software maker  http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

caution there are counterfeit spybot programs, the real one is always from Safer-Networking.org or the download.com link I provided.

Message Edited by mombodog on 06-27-2007 11:50 PM
0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

Re: Cannot uninstall program I recently downloaded and

Thank you very much for your help. Problem solved! I had Spybot SD on my PC. Just had not updated in some time. I did not know about the added features. I would not have been able perform without your help anyway. Tried the new updated scan and found 103 problems. Most involve registry entries which need PC savvy I don't have. I will put in some time studying the program and see if that will help. I am, however, going to make the same correction to a deleted CallWave problem. Thanks again for your help.
0 Kudos