Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

3 Posts

January 29th, 2020 08:00

Command Update 3.1 '-reboot' switch not working/installing BIOS

I am attempting to use the CLI option of the Dell Command Update application to trigger BIOS updates on a few Optiplex models, I am using:

"dcu-cli.exe /applyUpdates -reboot=enable"

When this is run it finds the new BIOS, downloads it and states its "Installing" but it does not reboot nor does the BIOS update. I have the tool configured beforehand using:

"dcu-cli /configure -scheduleManual -updateType=bios -biosPassword="password""

Is it a bug, or am I missing something? 

Thanks

January 31st, 2020 14:00

Hi @D_Nash 

I thought I had the same issue the other day, but maybe I didn't wait long enough for the PC to reboot.  It seems that sometimes computers start shutting down within a minute and other times it takes significantly longer.  Maybe  it randomises the delay before the reboot?

In any case, I just did a couple of of machines using the following command and they all eventually rebooted themselves after a BIOS update.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Dell\CommandUpdate\dcu-cli.exe" /applyUpdates -outputlog="C:\Temp\Dell-Update.log" -reboot=enable

5 Posts

April 11th, 2020 09:00

I have similar but reverse issue. I run "dcu-cli.exe /applyUpdates -reboot=disable" and there are a few machines that actually reboot after a BIOS install and some done. Is this a bug?

Does Dell look at these messages?

No Events found!