Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 22nd, 2012 20:00

D-E-L-L C-A-S-T-A-W-A-Y S-O-S on bended knee, i ask please help me?

So i bought a dell inspiron 546s best computer wal mart had, in retrospect yes, a cheesy place to buy a computer but with a grand and on a whim i did, Oh it was beautiful though... trust me, i let the x keep my car i got out with the dell lol... to me i won. The car was a, anyways the place i moved to required
wireless so i bought a pci card all was well a month happened my x had to make herself an admin account with a pw that was taking up space and i didnt like
her mug on my accounts screen so i reformatted i didnt know what i was really seeing but what was happening was a side by side format it jumps from 0 - 100%
complete never actually copying a file from disk i did notice the loss of it orignal luster no more office (that 1 was left) its factory dell apperance was gone left with vista sp2 pro defaults the resolution wasnt okay but i said you know i still got wwhat i need i can deal... so a month in its asking for a realtek driver and the wireless signal drops i put in the factory disc and its got 8100 its asking for the realtek 8xxx i call around a few places my w/l provider tells me try DriverWhiz only 50$ so i wait to get signal to get online and make it happen fast as could be after it installed it worked fine but not soon after bought in 7/09 the end of that story was 09/09 this is also when i called dell support also noticed i qualified for windows 7 ...i tried and was told the next part over and over numerous times the reason i try again after my previous 2 attempts (again before win7 offer expired) is that in october ;11 my copy of vista broke..... i have insane hacked malware on my machine to the point of ppl knew my email pws! but it light of recent events what i was just told an hour ago explains everything.... every time i called tech support they told me: this is not a valid code you must be mistaken, email support wrote 3 mails and ignores me...i wasnt rude, but i insisted im no fool, i kept the reciept!!! but sometimes im treated like i just dont know where the label is if this helps......i can in fact READ! furthermore, 10 seconds of remote admin and the support app could show anyone it exists! well hours on the phone with dell with wall mart wal mart tells me "weve done all we can for you" is that a good thing idk but i was finally told over the phone" wait 24 hours for wal mart to respondand then fill out an ownership transfer claim....i honestly do not know
so regular registration tells me this: 

Registration CompleteThis PC has already been registered. If you need to update your information, please use the Ownership Transfer Form located at http://www.dell.com/support.

Product transfer tells me this:

Invalid Service Tag  you have entered is invalid. Please enter a different service tag in order to proceed to the next step.
Are you on the system now?

and lastly chat with tech support tells me

Dell Chat

Our records indicate that your service tag belongs to a system that was purchased outside the United States.

If you believe you’ve received this ‘out of region’ messaging in error, please confirm you’ve entered your service tag correctly. For example, try using the number 0 vs. the letter O or the letter B vs. the number 8 .

Try Chat Again

If you would like to check for access to Chat support in the country where you purchased your Dell system, visit the Global Chat Directory for links by country

Traveling outside your home country with a Dell laptop that is included in the Dell International Services Program? Click here to find support and service resources for your destination country.

abolutly wonderful now i just talked to the elevated customer support who just told me where to get the order number that he himself cannot proceed without QVC home shopping network.......Those funky drivers via my updates recieved WERE FOREIGN DRIVERS!!!!!!!i  now any techie here knows why foreign network drivers are bad bad bad yes i am the neigborhoods local wifi i even talk to phones...... the newer drivers are never ever applicable datasafe backup no good..... i have so many ports open..... ik i have 2 locales.... i see loads of duetche kaspersky does too finds loads of eresuyt.de stuff lol remarkable to its namesake esset does too only after a fresh install anymore tho the wrong person used the "library" checksums arent okie doke anymore  what bugs me most being that. when does this become a national security threat and somehow i see the kremlin in my mind I LIVE IN BAKERSFIELD (least my ip says)! like where tom hanks sail came from in castaway and moskau's where the movie started  I was forgotten for sure and the pinnacle of my experience with dell: lies here:::

Photobucket

21 Posts

March 22nd, 2012 20:00

did i get what i payed for ...uhm and what now?

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2012 06:00

Hi Subrectre,

I honestly can't understand what help you need. Pretend I have a very short attention span and give me the 25 words or less version.

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 23rd, 2012 06:00

You are all over the street.   Dells not purchased from DELL must be registered.

Dell makes it easy to transfer the warranty and ownership of Dell products from one owner to another owner and from one country to another. The transfer process can take up to 10 business days (domestic transfer) and up to 15 business days (international transfer).
Please note not all product types and service contract types are available for transfer outside of Purchase Country. Please review this list for the most common service contract types that are non-transferable 

<ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

For transfers of Dell EqualLogic products, please contact EqualLogic support

If you need to register product purchased at a retail store WALMART/BESTBUY/ETC (not purchased directly from Dell), please go to www.dell.com/register

Given the description unless you purchased an extended warranty your original warranty is over.

21 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 13:00

short version: I bought a retail inspiron 546st from walmart for 900$  wal mart, i have the reciept its old but readable under correct light.. so Ive tried registering since the box came with an "upgrade to 7 now!" sticker ive been trying to register with dell, my system for this whole time www.dell.com/register, email and phone support tell me i must be mistaken thats an invalid code my drivers disks stopped working, the checksums bad it wants multiple realtek network drivers not applicable to my system that would render my vista x64 buis. invalid once every two-four months...but i just started living with it oblivious to what i have now learned in the past 2 months since i broke my cd overusing it aware of windows nott giving me rights and sfc /scannow kept blue screening me out running side by side installs.Wal Mart corporate said theyve done all they can no details so i started with dell's phone and site, the site did begin totell me some dif things because now when i i was told transfer ownership it tells me its been register out of county, upon  call back, i was given no major details only that the operator told me call QVC the home shopping network and these extra drivers are not american network drivers...this is very bad that i am recieving foriegn drivers because of FCC regulations not to mention wide open like a wifi hotspot and ihave phone probs near it...furthermore the logins to my personal emails facebook ect,  from moscow have me a little freaked out is this me making a ruskie IP? or the person who ...??? did this? at&t already closed one of my accounts because of this and you know if this is the ater...lke cuba cigars federal trade policy with communist countries are illegal ive taken pics for email support who dont seem to understand this is not just bad for me.........so can i get my warranty now??????or a cd or ????  oh and my windows sticker has no n nor k on it yeah this is a trial version of enterpirse...im on now sxs with ???

shortest version:

bought inspiron 546st 7/13/09 could never register my service code it was never valid, idk why via retail, phone, site, anyway to try, so i gave up stayed on vista.....

i started unknowingly reciving (and being asked for) foreign network driver and updates as dell server started seeing a foreign service code needing updates and i didnt have win7 with ati built in so it got them

windows degrades the factory install disc is overused and no longer kept put up and eventually breaking not bad but unusable system file checker shuts me down blue screen and not slow enough to read each time it after all was 409 copy with with non compliant drivers and malware from the locals being as my net configs silly

in close exaination as i open my eyes yahoo hotmail facebook ebay paypal all get logins from moscow and at&t.net emailgets so fubar at&t tech support shuts it down becuase they cant change the pop settings and aliases...i have the reciept the generic inspiron 546st drivers found here

i contact walmart they say okay weve done what we can dell phone tech support says wait 24 hours and get a product transfer from wal mart i wait i do and and it tells me its been registered  but not the usa i get another operator who was higher up who just tells me call qvc and get your order id they give me the crackhead treatment because im not their customer..... so what now? federal laws prohibit dif bandwidth and trade with communit  countries (think cuban cigar) i just wanna new disc prefferably 7pro or my warranty i paid for this stuffs on my hardware now...how can i end this and be ok? whos fault is this?

5 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 14:00

If that's your short version, I don't even want to see the long....

Are you having a warranty or technical issue?

How old is the computer?

21 Posts

March 23rd, 2012 15:00

( 4th paragraph at the end) found here, they do not work system refuses them bios included even on a boot f12 cmos setting forcing dvd drive* after setting the pins build was 09 on the machine resetting the pins should clear it to that state but i get A11 '10 state anyones welcome to take a look i dont suggest anything like logmein or teamshare skypes screen share maybe safer  but sure ill let you in everyone else can lol if you dont think its possible ive seen crazier like a write protected extra drive with the diagnostic disk and it cant be a partition because there was no hdd

21 Posts

less than 3 years old

21 Posts

if my systemsis confused as to its  locale and dell database has it listed out of country .and it has 20 ports open..... because or its registration both right??

21 Posts

something or someone had my machine registered before i bought it who lived outside of america.... it doesnt like the american drivers anymore i live outside of bakersfield bought my machine at wal mart in bakersfield and have an ip from moscow russia sometimes like 50%......when american windows meets communist chipset+drivers  system degrades winddows cant stay valid long i bought this i have a receipt and its never been mine....i want it and a new OS dvd the one i tried for, not a warez box/police scanner that the neighbor can login to

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

March 23rd, 2012 16:00

Hi Subrectre,

No, your IP corresponds to Bakersfield. I believe you.

Sounds like you need an OS restore. Have you treid this procedure?

21 Posts

March 25th, 2012 22:00

i forgot to mention this is a fresh install again =\

21 Posts

March 25th, 2012 22:00

i think so, see if tried it thru command prompt to rid myself the insane drivers im about to show yuo  with %systemroot%/inf.* in elevated cmd i realized those there are all legit drivers using hirens boot cd i really stared noticing all my drives are a subfolder in documents and settings alongside winSxs which even pulling out the stops i cant find access to i have nothing in any pci slot  besides that, the inspiron 546st is a good machine but hm pci slots would this make? oh and looking around i learned my system locale was ua.ua.ua.ua.png.png.png.png idk i search google i see ukraine and if i went to the product transfer pg its global iif a pictures worth a thousand words lol my longest yet but datasafe 2 nu uh

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

March 27th, 2012 07:00

http://bit.ly/pGVLxL

Use the Link To Register your service tag.

21 Posts

March 28th, 2012 06:00

Dell Product Registration  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Registration Complete

This PC has already been registered. If you need to update your information, please use the Ownership Transfer Form located at http://www.dell.com/support.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2011 Dell Inc.    |    privacy policy

doesnt do a thing

21 Posts

March 28th, 2012 06:00

i have nothing plugged into any pci slot so what is a pci to pci bus link?   wal mart wont give me an order number, i have the receipt. transfer owbnership says use dell global cuz its a foreign build and dell support says call QVC the home shopping network and qvc acts like im smokin cracvk cuz im not their customer i didnt buy from them. if its registered look at the pics again would it really tell me that if it wasnt registered at all?

No Events found!