Highlighted
2 Bronze

DCU GUI & CLI 2.4.0/3.1.0/3.1.1/3.1.2 with Dell Reporitory Manager 2.2.4.630

Dear Support,

I have implemented a DRM 2.2.4.630 (Dell Repository Manager) on a Microsoft Server 2016 Standard that is up to date.

A share, not hidden, has been made on the server with NTFS permissions that are applied correctly and functional to access the Catalog.xml with the DCU "Dell Command | Update" in GUI mode or in CLI on client computers in Windows 10 1909 up to date and voluntarily the drivers are not up to date.

I took the liberty of testing with different DCU versions (2.4.0/3.1.0/3.1.1/3.1.2) on a Latitude E6330 and an OptiPlex 7060 SFF.

In the DCU settings will only be the path to the DRM Catalog.xml, the $DELL$ (Online Catalog) has been removed. The mode of scheduling Updates is set to manual. And for the Laptop, (DCU 3.1.0/3.1.1/3.1.2) the BIOS password has been inserted.

The results for the two Dell devices are identical:

In GUI mode: The update was identified with the size of 0 bytes and after installation, the result is a failure.

In CLI mode: The update was identified and after installation, the result is summarized by an "Error Code 1002".

I asked about the meaning of Error Code 1002: An error occurred while downloading a file during the apply updates operation | Check your network connection, make sure there is internet connectivity and Retry the command.

FireWall and also anti-virus have been removed from the equation.

I took the liberty of redoing a new DRM on a VM (Virtual Machine) in Windows 10 1909 with the same settings as Server 2016.

On DCU clients, the parameter for the catalog path has been modified to validate the test. The result is the same as the DRM on Server 2016.

Do you have any idea about the nature of the problem I'm having?

Link:

Dell Command | Update & Dell Repository Manager - Download 

Dell Client Command Suite for Documentation

DCU 2.4 CLI | Command line interface reference  

DCU CLI 3.1 | Command line interface Error code

Community | Dell Command Update 3.1.1 - dcu-cli.exe /applyUpdates - incompleted download

Community | Dell command update 3.1.0 

DRM 2.x "Search Dell Support Site" 

Thank you in advance

Have a nice day.

0 Kudos