Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 25th, 2009 10:00

DELL FIRMWARE UPDATE DVD CDRW

Inspiron 530 Dell Vista 32 Bit.....This is a new firmware update on the Dell downloads site.  It has two .EXE files one for windows and the other a dos file.  Both are supposed to be run as far as I can tell. The windows loaded perfectly but the dos kept coming up with a message that the system does not support full screen mode.  So that file would not load further.  Dell does not give very much detail in their download section so I don't know if I have a problem or not.  Has anyone tried this download?  It came out 12/23/2009.  Thanks.

3.4K Posts

December 25th, 2009 11:00

Hello,

Both files are the same, but with a different install package.

One as you know is for installing while running Windows. The other is installed with the system is booted to DOS.

Since you successfully installed the Windows file, you do not need to install the other.

10 Posts

December 25th, 2009 11:00

Inspiron 530 Dell Vista 32 Bit.....This is a new firmware update on the Dell downloads site.  It has two .EXE files one for windows and the other a dos file.  Both are supposed to be run as far as I can tell. The windows loaded perfectly but the dos kept coming up with a message that the system does not support full screen mode.  So that file would not load further.  Dell does not give very much detail in their download section so I don't know if I have a problem or not.  Has anyone tried this download?  It came out 12/23/2009.  Thanks.

I think both of them are working - there's nothing wrong here, it just the way we prefer to update - we choose one in two ways, by Dos (Using boot disk) or update right away by Windows.

(the system does not support full screen mode = you can only run this program by booting. ex: floppy disk, bootable usb, cd,...)

Conclusion: You don't have any problem. It's normal.

2 Posts

December 25th, 2009 14:00

Thanks for  your help!  That's a relief!!!

3.4K Posts

December 25th, 2009 14:00

You're very welcome. Glad to help. :emotion-15:

Merry Christmas :emotion-51:

3 Posts

January 26th, 2010 00:00

This is my first time on this forum. I find it hard work trying to find information on a particular issue.

I have a DVD HL-DL-ST DVD+-RW GSA H73N drive in a Inspiron 530 cabinet. I am aware of a recent firmware update for the drive.

Does anyone know if it can be successfully applied without problems?

Can the firmware be reset to its original settings if it all goes pear shaped?

thanks in advance.

Brian

3.4K Posts

January 26th, 2010 06:00

Hello,

You can find the firmware update you need here.

Many others have used this file without problems. Once the the firmware is flashed there is no going back.

No Events found!