Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 7th, 2009 19:00

DELL XPS M1330 Vista to Window 7 upgrqade

Hi  not really happy  with Vista  it sucks. I purchased through Dell the window & upgrade.  Not what does it  entail to perform this upgrade. Will it keep all my pics  sounds video stuff like that. and upgrade the OS.    Or  what do I need to do. Say my  MS office. Will  it automatically accept hte upgrade or will  I have to reinstall  office.

SEE  MY MAIN thing is Trying to AVOID! reisntalling all  the software my XPS came with. IF thats the cae I will take it to someone.

Thanks  Dell    Guido.

December 7th, 2009 20:00

Ivan Right on thanks or the quick reply. that anwsered my question.   I will let you know how it went good research my friend!

December 7th, 2009 20:00

Got this answer straight from Microsoft:

There are two options to choose from during the Windows 7 installation process:

• Upgrade. This option replaces your current version of Windows with Windows 7, and keeps your files, settings, and programs in place on your computer.

• Custom. This option replaces your current version of Windows with Windows 7, but doesn't preserve your files, settings, and programs. It's sometimes referred to as a clean installation for that reason.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7

Im thinking about upgrading!  You let me know how it works out!  lol

December 9th, 2009 17:00

went perfect   get the upgrade.  go to microsoft get the compatibily software download it will tell yu what yu need or dont need. also   once you download the 7. the tastest and great  virus malware from ms called essential  its free and wrks great with win 7:emotion-15:

December 17th, 2009 13:00

Say Anthony,

I upgraded to Windows 7, but not my A968w printer wont print even when I use a USB cord to connect the printer.  Did you have any printer issues?

No Events found!