Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 10th, 2017 05:00

DISPLAY DRIVER DELL INSPIRON N7010

Hi,

MY LAPTOP KEEPS TELLING ME DISPLAY DRIVER DID NOT START, USING MICROSOFT.  WHEN GOING TO DELL SITE FOR DIVER AND DOWNLOAD, TEST TELLS ME ALL DRIVERS INSTALLED AND UP TO DATE. ALTHOUGH, I KEEP GETTING MESSAGE DRIVER DID NOT START.   WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!!!!  

DELL INSPIRON N7010 NOTEBOOK

WINDOWS 10  64-BIT

INTEL(R) i3  CORE   

VIDEO CARD - INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS

DRIVER VERSION: 8.15.10.2900, 11-26-2012 / PROVIDER: INTEL

INTERFACE: PCI     VIDEO CARD CHIP TYPE: INTEL(R) HD GRAPHICS(CORE i3)

DISPLAY - GENERIC PnP MONITOR

MODE: 1600X900 (32-BIT) (60Hz)    why 32-bit??

PREFERRED MODE: 1600 X 900 (60Hz)

SIGNAL TYPE: - DIGITAL

VIDEO CAPTURE DEVICE - INTEGRATED WEBCAM: DRIVER PROVIDER: MICROSOFT

DRIVER VERSION: 10.0.15063.447, 6/21/2006

*WHEN THEY SAY DISPLAY DRIVER DID NOT START, WHICH DRIVER ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT? BECAUSE IT DOESN'T LOOK LIKE FROM THE SYSTEM INFORMATION, THAT THE DISPLAY DOES NOT HAVE DRIVER!!.. VERY CONFUSED...

CYNTHIA  (e-mail: )

Please Help  

• 

16.7K Posts

August 10th, 2017 07:00

cynpow,

Unfortunately, Dell does not support Windows 10 on this computer. There are no Windows 10 drivers available from Dell for the n7010.  That does not mean it will not work. Without windows 10 drivers for the hardware in the system the system it may not perform as well. 

The memory issues you are having is more than likely not the physical memory,but Virtual Memory. Below is information to adjust the virtual memory settings in Windows 10.

Increasing Virtual Memory in Windows 10
Go to the Start Menu and click on Settings.
Type performance.
Choose Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
In the new window, go to the Advanced tab and under the Virtual memory section, click on Change.
At the bottom of the new window, check what the Recommended value is and how it compares to Currently allocated.
If the current setting is significantly less than the recommended, uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all drives box at the top of the same windows and then click on Custom size.
Enter the Recommended value in the Initial Size box, and a larger figure in the Maximum size box.
Click OK to save the new settings.

No Events found!