You know how they say that when you delete a file, Windows actually stores it in the harddrive somewhere and you can restore it, I recently got Ashampoo WinOptimizer 5 and I checked how much space it had taken and it was 9GBs on my C Drive.
Is there anyway to clear some of that up? because im already sort of low on space and it would help if all that stuff was gone.
Also, for some reason when I check how much space is left in my harddrive, it always changes from 50gbs to 20gbs but I havnt actually installed or downloaded anything that big nor have I uninstalled or deleted. I had recently done a defrag, could that cause some weird problem?
Whatever you have deleted will be overwritten next time you need space.
Here's how you can get more free space back:
1) Click the Vista Pearl (Start button)
2) Point the mouse to "Computer"
3) Point the mouse to your C Drive and right click it
4) Click "Properties"
* Note your disk space free and used before going to next step
5) Clcik "Disk Cleanup" and let it do its thing ... this takes over a minute...when finished go to next step:
6) you could check mark all or some of the files that come up....
7) Clcik the "More Options" tab ... look for "System Restore and Shadow Copies" and click "Clean up"
😎 Say ok to the prompt... this takes a few seconds.... when finished, click OK, let the cleanup take place.
* Once done ... you will see that you have recovered a good portion of your HDD space.
I do this once a month at least.