Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Z

December 4th, 2007 22:00

Dell Direct Transfer Software

I recently purchased a new Desktop from Dell, and I ordered the software that you can upload files from your old computer that you want on your new computer which will be put on the computer at the factory. Where can I get the software so I can start uploading my files to Dell?

2.9K Posts

December 4th, 2007 23:00

I think you may be referring to Vista's " Easy Transfer Wizard" but this has nothing to do with Dell. I've never heard of any software which you can use to upload your files to Dell so that they can be installed on the new computer at the factory. If this service is available, I'm totally unaware of it. 

2 Posts

December 5th, 2007 19:00

No, it is not the Vista Easy Share Software. What I ordered is from Dell, I remember ordering it when I ordered the computer. It was $29. and said you send (upload) the files, favorites, etc. to Dell and they put it on your new computer in the factory so it arrives with the files and favorites you specified and sent to them. I thought it sounded easier than going through all the trouble of transferring data at home with two computers right next to each other. Dell has not yet contacted me about the means to give them the files. I would like to do this soon before they delay the computer or something like that.

2.9K Posts

December 5th, 2007 20:00

Probably best to contact Dell sales then (have your order number available). I've never heard of that option.

940 Posts

December 6th, 2007 16:00

I think you are talking about Dell's DataSafe Online Backup. If you call or do an online chat to Dell support you can get all of the details for setting up your account and how to use it.
No Events found!