Highlighted
Arj322
1 Nickel

Dell Inspiron 15 N5050: WiFi not working and drivers for WiFi aren't installing.

Hello Guys! I'm New To Dell Community Here . I wanna ask a question regarding the WiFi problem in Dell N5050 Laptop.

So, this laptop is actually a Ubuntu one but, I got this thing from my relative with Win 7 Home Premium x64 installed. All stuff are working fine.

So one day, I installed Remix OS along with Win 7. In Remix, I get an notification showing "USB Drive is corrupt click to fix" and I clicked and formatted it as it said. Then, my hard drives disappeared in Remix.

I felt weird and restarted my system. 

And my system partition is gone. No OS in HDD. Smiley Sad

I checked all solutions and even through diagnostics, it said my HDD has no problems.

So, I reinstalled Windows 7. This time I don't have a Win7 disc from Dell or anything official stuff related to that.  I've an Unofficial and Modified Windows 7 Eternity Disc. So I went through and installed it, which really was Win 7 Ulitmate x64 (No Service Pack)

I had C: and E: drives now, there's only C:

I installed all those drivers as said but the problem still stood with the wireless or the WiFi driver

Ethernet/ wired connection is working fine, no problems at all. 

So here's the problem:

The WiFi driver goes through the setup and says like this:

And then, it disappears. In device manager it also says, network adapter has no drivers. 

When look the system info, it also says Model Number is to be filled by O.E.M and so, windows can't find drivers for my system.

Also while installing Bluetooth drivers it says to "activate Bluetooth using wireless switch" and my wireless switch is already on and installation won't go on.

Pls I need help!!! ASAP! Smiley Sad It is a good lappy! Please Help!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 N5050: WiFi not working and drivers for WiFi aren't installing.

ARJ322,

You will need to install the Chipset Drivers first after a Windows Installation. These drivers need to be loaded first so that the other system drivers will install correctly. Click the links below.

Inspiron N5050 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

Drivers Install Order, Help and Tutorials

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos
Arj322
1 Nickel

RE: Dell Inspiron 15 N5050: WiFi not working and drivers for WiFi aren't installing.

Chipset drivers are installed first and the problem still occurs.

0 Kudos