Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 7th, 2013 07:00

Dell Inspiron 17 3737 Wireless & Bluetooth drivers win8.1 x64

Hi all,

I have recently purchased an Inspiron 17 3737 that come with ubuntu. I install windows 8.1  64bits for compatibility with my other program and I find almost every driver except the Wireless and the Bluetooth.

System Model number: Inspiron 17 3737
Operating System   : Windows 8.1 Professional 64bits

Wireless card driver

PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028&REV_01
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_020C1028
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

I scan the computer with a tool and the wireless device seem to be a Qualcomm Atheros QCA9565 / AR9565 Wireless Network Adapter

I tried download drivers from dell official page for this laptop but all driver that I tried to install and that should be for this type of laptop, dont work. It gives me warning that selected driver arent for my platform on computer and then abort installation.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

Josko

6 Posts

February 9th, 2014 05:00

Thank you very much wireless works like a charm now! Very helpful site ;) !

All I have to do is find a way to find correct driver for AMD Radeon HD 8870M for windows 7 64bit. For some strange reason whatever I have tried till now is now working. And DELL doesn't provide a driver for this model for windows 7.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 9th, 2014 14:00

2 Posts

February 18th, 2014 11:00

I have the same problem Joško. Imam isti problem Joško.

Have you solved the problem yet? Jel još uvijek sranje?

6 Posts

February 18th, 2014 11:00

Hello friend,

Yes I have solved the wireless problem (if you are referring to that) by following the guide from natakuc4.

But I wouldn't recommend windows 7 64bit for this laptop (Dell Inspiron 3737) because graphic card drivers are not compatible, at least from my experience. So I would recommend you to install windows 8.1. In the dell site for this laptop it is stated that for a better performance (and compatibility issues I guess) dell suggests the use of windows 8.1.

2 Posts

February 19th, 2014 13:00

Hello

Actually I have win 8.1 pro but still can not make my bluetooth working and that is frustrating. 

Drivers I tried are:

DW1705_W8_X02_A00_Setup-DK2MK_ZPE

DW1704_W8.14_X01_A00_Setup-6MRV9_ZPE

they made wi fi working, but I could use some help to manage bluetooth working ?

Another problem i have is with photoshop cs6 where i can not use liquify tool because only black screen loads insted of picture ?

thanks

February 19th, 2014 16:00

Replied once to this issue on Win 7 x64, seems it was a different thread, if I were you for bluetooth would give it a shot if bellow solution works.

For Photoshop issue, would suggest you check in your Device Manager if the graphics card is recognized correctly or it is still seen as a generic one. There were a few threads n the graphics card on this web site and other web sites, think all E3737 run based on Intel graphics chipsets.

My old posting:

Just managed to solve it this morning. Installed Bluetooth and wireless on Win7 x64 SP1.

Am putting bellow the link that helped me out, just that Google finds it better. It is in Romanian, will tell you its essence, worse case you goggle translate it.

http://www.mygarage.ro/pc-mechanics/177705-rezolvat-dell-3737-driver-problems-wifi.html

It is good that you have managed to install the software that makes the Dell Keyboard shortcuts work.

Right click on My computer, go to Device Manager.

Inside Device Manager go to Network Controller. Right click ->Properties, go to details, and from Details select from drop down menu the Hardware ID's.

Knowing your hardware ID, go to this web site and download the appropriate software.

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/unoff...ireless-cards/

The web site says that there are some prerequisites

Windows 7 → Service Pack 1* → KB2775511** → Dell System Software → Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility***

SP1 was installed, found easily everything except Windows update KB2775511 - did not manage to grab hold of it from anywhere, neither check if it was installed, but gave it a try without it or without knowing for sure that it was installed. But gave it a try.

Selected the closest hardware ID that I could think of, as there was not really a 100% match. It stated working even before installation of the software was finished.

My laptop's service tag is , am putting it also inside the answer to help others. 

Let me know if you managed to solve it.

Cheers,

SN 

5 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

Dear ITUNES,

as far as I recall, all corresponding posts in forums that I have seeked an answer to the same question propose installing windows 8.0 AND NOT 8.1... I did so myself and have no problems in my win OS...

5 Posts

March 3rd, 2014 06:00

...I believe I'll soon delete everything and set up dual boot with Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint - hopefully it will go easier then the Windows 8 and Ubuntu combination - she's not quite satisfied with current setup (she needs Mint for her work)...

Since I installed win8 (not win8.1, following the instructions at many corresponding forums) along with Ubuntu 12.04.4 and I met with some trouble, I am quite interested in what you write: does Mint run smoother alongside win8? How come? Where can I acquire the corrsponding infos?

I thank you, anyway!

1 Message

July 18th, 2014 08:00

Has anyone fixed this issue yet?
No Events found!