ajayberry
1 Nickel

Dell OS Recovery Disc - Vista Home Premium

Hi All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 530. It came preloaded with Vista Home Premium 32bits. I now want to install Vista Home Premium 64bits on it. It is my understanding that this can be achieved with the 32bits OS key. However, my problem is that the Recovey DVD has 32bits OS on it and I need the 64 bits OS. My computer is still under 1 year warranty. Is it possible to download or request Dell for the 64bits Vista Home Premium DVD?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
helmecj01
4 Ruthenium

Re: Dell OS Recovery Disc - Vista Home Premium

You can requset Windows Vista 64-bit DVD from Dell and send message to Chris_M

You'll need to privde him with the following:

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping address:
Phone number:
Service tag number:

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/t/19254009.aspx?PageIndex=1

from Chris

Dell Dimension 1100
Microsoft Windows XP Home SP3
2GB of Ram
Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 256MB
Intel Celeron CPU 2.53GHz
Dell E196FP
HDD WDC WD800BB-75JHCO 80GB C:
HDD Samsung SV2042H 20GB F:
TSSTcorp CDRWDVD TS-H492C D:
LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-851S E:
Linksys Wireless-G WUSB54GS With SpeedBooster
Logitech Cordless Desktop EX 90
Mozilla Firefox 3.5.6

Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007

My Security Software
Avanquest SystemSuite 9 Professional
Windows Defender

ajayberry
1 Nickel

thanks helmecj01. I followed the link for Chris M that you had in your message and sent him a message with the details. hope to hear from him soon. thanks again for your reply.

0 Kudos
ajayberry
1 Nickel

got a reply from chris m. Called Dell customer support and gave them the information that Chris M had provided. After a few weeks of calling back and forth I got told by Dell Customer Service (Australia) that, it is only possible in USA to get a 64bit DVD and that in Australia and New Zealand it is not possible. Hence, not sure why Chris M is not aware of this fact ( OR NOT), that I got from Dell. Anyway, it was worth trying since my system is 64bit capable and has 4GB of RAM. It would have been nice to utilize the entire amount of RAM by running a 64bit OS instead of the currently installed 32bit OS.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
ajayberry
1 Nickel

Problem Solved! Thanks to Chris M for pointing me in the correct direction. I followed his suggestion and have received my Vista Home Premium DVD 64bit yesterday. Once again I thank Chris for all his help.

Ajay

0 Kudos