JCCarson
1 Copper

Dell PC TuneUP - Problem with fixing broken shortcuts

I have been having problems with the "fix broken shortcuts tool" on Dell PC TuneUP.  It gets to around 89-90% and then just stops and sits there for hours.  Clicking cance doesn't even do anything.  I have to go into my task manager and manually end the process.  I have a regular C;\ hard drive and a backup D;\ drive.  It always seems to stop when it gets to the D;\ drive and there doesn't seem to be a way to tell it not to check that drive.  I've run diagnostics on the D:\ drive and deleted everything from the drive but it still just stops when it gets there.  I only first noticed this problem a few weeks ago.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Linda2France
1 Copper

Re: Dell PC TuneUP - Problem with fixing broken shortcuts

I am having the exact same problem.  It stops around 83% at C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Networking.RtcRes_6595b64144ccf1df_5.2.2.3_en_16a24bc0

It freezes and I too have to use Task Manager to get out of it.  It never completes the search process and therefore corrects nothing.

Have you discovered a solution?  I'm actually frustrated and surprised that there is not a direct support line to Dell specifically for TuneUp - since it is an annual fee to have it.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
JCCarson
1 Copper

No, I have thus far been unable to find a solution.  As you said, there does not appear to be any dedicated support for Dell PC TuneUP.  The best I could get from Dell is them telling me to call their fee based support line.  It's quite sad really, Dell makes great products and software but their customer support leaves a lot to be desired.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Linda2France
1 Copper

After a LOT of run around and really bad customer support from Dell.... and after forcing the issue, I was finally given the phone number for Iolo Technology (this is who bills us the annual fee). 

Call Iola at 323-257-8888 for customer care and let them know that Dell is not honoring the technical support without wanting to charge a fee.  I was told by Iola that Dell should service this annual fee based program without charge.  I also wrote down the phone # 800-999-3355 but I think that might take you back to Dell support, which is basically worthless.   SO BASICALLY - Dell says it is Iola's responsibility and Iola says it's Dell - so go figure!

Then call Iola tech support at 323-257-8886 for help - though Iola said that support is suppose to go through Dell.

By the way, by calling Iola Tech is the ONLY way to cancel your annual subscription and you must do so within 21 or 30 days of the renewal.  Check with Iola to get the specifics - my notes are a bit fuzzy.  What makes me angry is that within the software, there is no account information, no support phone number, no links to Iola, no information about how to cancel your subscription.  To me, this makes it feel a bit like a scam - to keep you paying the annual fee.  You are supposedly suppose to get an email reminding you of your subscription (an email I never received).

Hope this helps you... if you discover anything more, please let me know.  I'm currently in France so I won't be able to call Iola's tech support for a while.

0 Kudos