Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 24th, 2016 05:00

Dell Studio 1737 Windows 10

I have a Studio 1737 laptop running windows 7 64 bit home premium, i know windows 10 is not supported for this model laptop but I was wondering if anyone has tried installing windows 10 on one of these and what the problems are if any.

Many Thanks

Victor

• 

16.7K Posts

May 24th, 2016 06:00

VA27000,

The problem would be that some of the hardware would not function properly;if all. This is due to not having the needed drivers for Windows 10. 

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 26th, 2016 08:00

It'll work fine. Windows 10 will have most drivers inbuilt or obtain them via Windows Update. In the few rare cases it doesn't do this you can install the Windows 7 64 Bit drivers provided by Dell.

September 6th, 2016 00:00

Im running the red PP31L version of the studio1737 and have had

<ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character removed as per TOU>

drop off like it gave my my sweet Ruby-Gal leprosy. Dell.com says "Dell is not testing OR developing Windows 10 drivers for this product." and Microsoft says ditto-kiddo so its either Back to Win7 or download drivers from some wierdos.org... but nvrmnd THAT noise cuz you'll have bigger fish to fry. I am losing features and apps and programs everytime i turn it on. Cortana, gone but her ghost still roams these halls in the form of files&folders?! Circle is in my tray but its more like a tiny coffee stain left by tiny gremlins who took her away, then it is a" means to open anything." Store wont open email app wont open no live tiles work and this is all happening at a snails pace oddly enough. I was actually on here because ive been putting it off for many months but its time to undo the harm....i just hope this isnt some kind of "Hellraisers Box" scenario and there is no undoing my Ruby-Gals Undoing! :emotion-14:

1 Message

October 6th, 2017 14:00

I realize this threads a year old, but I also have a (red) Studio 1737 with Vista and just now clean installed Win 10 x64.  I used an old ISO (version 10.0) from 2015 and the laptop worked just fine without any manual driver updates. It upgraded to version 1701-Creators Update and still no problems. Webcam, Optical drive, Network, Windows Store, Cortana all working.

6 Posts

April 18th, 2019 07:00

I upgraded my Studio 1735 to win 10 a while ago, I have just upgraded to win 10 1309 and all seems to be working. Chris
No Events found!