Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 24th, 2008 16:00

Dell System Restore Problems

hi
i have been trying to do the dell system restore thing where it restores your pc to shipped state. I have done it once before and need to do it again, i did partition my hard drive to dual boot my pc with vista and xp but have since deleted the vista partition  and put everything back normal, then when i tried to do the restore it wouldnt work so i used dsrfix and fixed it and it worked fine (about 5 months ago) now when i try and do the restore thing it jsut goes to the screen with the blue dell banner and then says

pbr3......done

ntldr is missing

press any key to restart...

and its very annoying because then even after i restart i cant boot into windows, i have to run dsrfix again to be able to access windows then when i try again exactly the same happens, also if i click ctrl and F11 when the above message is being displayed it says

Cannot Restore

Can anyone help me please coz this is driving me insane!!!

thanks

Edit: When i run dsrfix it says that pbr3 descriptor is 0C or something then i run dsrfix /f to fix it and it comes back saying its now fixed, and instead of 0C its now DB (or E) i think, but then when i try to restore agian and i cant boot into windows any more and i run dsrfix again and the descriptor thing is back to 0C ????

Message Edited by lorry22 on 01-25-2008 06:25 PM
No Responses!
No Events found!