Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 12th, 2009 16:00

Dell System Restore on Vista x64-Bit Precision M4400 (gone)

Hello , this is my first post , hope can be clear on my issue here & find help:

My Notebook comes with Vista Ultimate x64Bit, i used some program that didnt worked great for my (some Vista 64bits Tunning App) and then my Notebook start to crash each time i use different Apps, i decided to ReInstall (i did format) Vista with DVDincluded in the DELL, but i didnt know that is possible to RESTORE FROM FACTORY IMAGE AS NEW... i can see Drive (RECOVERY) D:\  its like 2Gb partition and around 1.3Gb used... i dont know if theres still some chance to MANUALLY RESTORE IMAGE from D:

I tryed: F8 solution but as i format i think the Original OS then i cant see the RESTORE OPTION i suppost.

Any Ideas?
can i use some app for recover or UNformat original OS get some files and then do trick ?

Thanks
Ivan

• 

16.7K Posts

October 13th, 2009 10:00

IvanMX,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

If the restore partition has been corrupted you would need to reinstall Windows manually. I have no information on recovering the restore once this has happened.

3 Posts

October 15th, 2009 16:00

Hello Jesse, i have been bad lucky with this computer, because since new i got some times get blue screen errors, after that i activate AUTO UPDATE from Vista x64 thinking that maybe some Vista x64 has to be updated...and i used some tool from Vista64 called CLEANUP unafortually didnt worked or solved... after that bad lucky and Install all M4400 for x64b, i used Vista OS DVD for REPAIR the Windows.... that was another bad result, because apears some error in the process and then the notebook NEVER start Windows OK, thats why i go for Format the HD... but i lost the Factory Feature that i never know from DELL that was possible ....

After this terrible experience with this notebook i have lucky my boss will give to me newer model,,, and he toldme that we need to REINSTALL as Factory default for give it to another 3D artist can use it.... this is where im stucked i cant do some Factory RESTORE... and its very bad... i read in some forum one people that happened the same and he has something called COMLPETE CARE... this guy said that DELL change to him the HD replacing it for a newer one with the FACTORY RECOVER feacture as new,,,,, we are trying in the office do the same .... we have complete care, we have activa warranty but DELL guys said that we didnt BUY the machine with that option/feature ???? im very unhappy with this situation.... because the seller never told us that DELL charge for that feature that REALLY IS VERY IMPORTANT....

Another guy from support said that any PRECISION MODEL has restore option,,,, thats another amazing lie i have read some post from people who has precision models with that feature.... so..... bad lucky with this Nootebook =(

IvanMX

No Events found!