Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 4th, 2013 12:00

Dell XPS L502x Audio Driver

Hi there.

I have a Dell XPS L502x that recently underwent a fresh install of Windows 7 64 bit. Yesterday for some reason the audio driver wouldn't add a mic to the available recording devices when plugged in (it does detect that it is plugged in though and the mic is functional on another PC). It's been like this since. I've uninstalled the driver and let Windows auto-detect and install something suitable. It did so and the port works fine and the mic is detected. Clearly I either have the wrong Realtek driver or it has become corrupted. The support page for this notebook doesn't have a recommended audio driver listed so it's not much help. Another thing, the XPS L502x has JBL technology using WAVES MAXXAUDIO3. I remember, when I got the notebook, finding drivers that enabled the touch button on the top right of the keyboard surface. With the current audio drivers it has all the settings and enhancements as it did in the past, but the touch button is not functioning.

System Model Number: Dell XPS L502x.

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit.

.:Current Audio Driver:.

Name: Realtek High Definition Audio

Driver Date: 2011/02/18

Driver Version: 6.0.1.6312

Note: The sound works fine with either this driver or the Windows auto-detect driver. It's just that with the driver above it doesn't add the mic to available recording devices when plugged in. Unlike the Windows default driver.

Any suggestions on this matter?

Thanks.

JP.

December 4th, 2013 12:00

Apparently this is the audio driver recommended for this notebook in the drivers section.

December 4th, 2013 13:00

Alright, did some digging and found a Realtek driver version 6.0.1.6662 (newer than last one) and the mic is detected and works. Now for that touch sensitive WAVES MAXXAUDIO3 button. I've installed Quickset64 but the button still doesn't launch the audio center.

No Events found!