Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2009 19:00

Dell drivers won't install. I can down loan to desktop, I just can't open them. Dell Desktop Dimension B110

I have a Dell Dimension B110 Desktop and had to reinstall Windows XP because i got a nasty virus. In error I reformatted the entire hard drive. I have the dell driver disk. The DVD player won't play DVD's because it is missing the decoder. Everything else seems to run witout a problem. If I go to Dell.com and click on drivers I can save them to the desktop but when I click to finish the installation the computer can not find a program to run them.  What do I need to do so I can install these drivers? The Driver disk installed some of the drivers, but I have the me problem when I try to install the others. Please let me know, I need some help. Thanks.

6.4K Posts

July 31st, 2009 20:00

Did you follow the correct order for driver installation?  This should be Desktop System Software, Intel Chipset Driver, Video Adapter Driver, Network Interface Adapter Driver (Ethernet port on back of machine), and Sound Adapter Driver.  If you have additional devices you can load them in any order you choose.  Without the chipset driver some of the drivers that follow it in the list will not install properly.

With regard to the driver downloads, once you have double clicked the file to auto expand it, and the files have been expanded onto the hard drive, an installation wizard should appear.  If it gives you an option to save or open, select Open.  Saving the files to disk will not install them.

No Events found!