Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2014 08:00

Dell inspiron 15 7000 7537 factory restore

Hi, I have a new laptop dell inspiron 15 7000 7537 and I facing a problem with Windows 8.1, I think the OS is corrupted and I am unable to do any thing. How can I make a factory restore?, the laptop doesn't have discs. Regards, Oscar.

May 23rd, 2014 09:00

Hi Oscar,

Can I know the exact error message that you are receiving. Or in case you want to restore the system to the factory state please follow the instructions below.

If the system is booting to windows please follow the first set of instructions or else you can follow the second set of Instructions.

If the computer is booting to windows please follow these instructions.

1. Swipe your mouse on the top right and to bring up the charms bar.
  2. Click on Settings.
  3. And then click on change PC settings
  4. Click on General and then scroll down to “Remove Everything and Reinstall Windows”
  5. Click on Get started. In the Reset you PC screen click next and follow the instructions.

If the system is not booting to windows please follow these Instructions.

1. Switch on the system and then switch off the system 3-4 times and then it will take you to the “Advanced boot options”
  2. In choose an option screen click on Troubleshoot and then click on Rest. This will restore the system to the Factory state.

1 Message

September 22nd, 2014 09:00

i have recently purchased a inspiron 15 7000 series it has an error code 0xc0000034 and wont boot at all.

would you assist me as to what to do about this ?!

1 Message

January 22nd, 2016 07:00

inspiron 17 7000 serie

thx for the factory reset link , I were having issue , after doing a factory reset from window seething panel , I was being reinstalled it got corrupted at 64% in the installment process and it was juste gething rebooted soon as it restarted and it was looping back to restarting then once reaching the window screen installment witch was 64% completed it was restarting over and over it couldn't finish the installation , so after following the holding power button 3time it opened a repair mode witch from there I was able to restart the factory reset  , big thx there after spending 1500$ for this laptop it would be a crisis if I could not getting past that issue , ps might help future bug investigation I was first on power bar charing when I did the factory reset , then I had to quit so I unplugged the bar and flipped down the screen I was hoping it would finish it factory reset but then the issue of restarting at 64% like 30 restart in row still was stuck at 64% so yeah thx for solving my issue

1 Message

May 3rd, 2017 23:00

After i go to trouble shoot and push restart it tells me i have a partition error?

1 Message

February 22nd, 2018 12:00

I have the same laptop but mine won't go to the home screen or do anything, really. Instead it just loops the words "attempting to recover installation. Restoring your previous version of windows" and then the Dell logo and a loading bar bu then it just does all that over again. I do not know what to do there is no error code can someone help please?

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

February 23rd, 2018 03:00

Download Windows 10 Version 1709 Installation Media, make a Bootable USB and Clean Install. See here for full instructions:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/windows-oem-faqs-and-downloads/#V1709

No Events found!