Redflash070
1 Copper

Dell recovery says not enough space after I replaced 1TB HDD with 250GB SSD.

Jump to solution

My 1TB (931GB) hard drive crashed, so I replaced it with a 250GB Samsung 850 evo SSD. I run Dell recovery from recovery disks to reinstall windows and it says hard drive size is not supported & it install a hard drive at 931GB in size. Please help me fix the problem.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Dell recovery says not enough space after I replaced 1TB HDD with 250GB SSD.

Jump to solution

That issue was fixed in later versions of Dell Backup and Recovery... However you would have needed to update Dell Backup and Recovery on your old installation and recreate the Recovery Media.

Likely the best thing for you to do is to clean install Windows 10 RS1:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

RE: Dell recovery says not enough space after I replaced 1TB HDD with 250GB SSD.

Jump to solution

That issue was fixed in later versions of Dell Backup and Recovery... However you would have needed to update Dell Backup and Recovery on your old installation and recreate the Recovery Media.

Likely the best thing for you to do is to clean install Windows 10 RS1:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
Redflash070
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It worked, thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Redflash070
1 Copper

Jump to solution

It worked, thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

Jump to solution

Great, thanks for posting back to let us know you had a successful installation.

Dr Philip Yip

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos