Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JI

January 28th, 2009 07:00

Desktop picture disappears.

This past week the desktop background picture has begun disappearing at random, to be replaced by something that looks like a closeup of pink wrinkled skin.  The desktop picture is something I've been using for at least a year so the problem is not in my picture.  In fact, I changed to another picture, also a veteran, and the same problem just occurred. 

The only setting I've changed recently are in the Accessibility Options, trying bigger type and sound cues, but after a few minutes, I undid all the changes I made, I think.

I just looked at the choices for desktop and discovered the wrinkled skin is actually Santa Fe Stucco.

How do I get my chosen desktop picture to stay put?

John

January 29th, 2009 06:00

OK.  Now I'm in deeper trouble.  I tried System Restore to get my computer back to a time before this problem began.  System Restore doesn't work.  I have tried three times, each time backing the date up a couple of days, this last time In Safe Mode.  I get a screen that says "Your computer cannot be restored...."

Also, I am unable to figure out how I got the information on my computer to show up at the bottom of my posts.  So I can't figure out how to edit the information.

John

January 29th, 2009 15:00

Not getting much useful information here.  I ran all the utilities I have twice and cleaned out the computer.  The Destop Background is more stable now, lasting 4-8 hours instead of the previous 2-3.

I still haven't figured out how to edit the My Computer info at the bottom of these posts.

John

No Events found!