Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 9th, 2012 14:00

Different Dell Docks?

I have a Inspiron m5030 laptop that came with Dell Dock. A while ago my computer completely frizzed out and would only work on safemode. After getting all of my important documents backed up on an external hard drive we reformatted my computer. During the process I lost the Dell Dock that was originally on my computer. I went to the site that you can download the dock and reinstalled it onto my laptop. I noticed right away that the Dell Dock is a completely different one from the one that was originally on my laptop. The original dell dock had large icons that were "Music, Video, Pictures, Books" and so on. The music icon would update to show the image of what song I listened to last. When the video icon was selected movies would appear that I could rent, and I could also go to my own videos and hulu from there.
When I reinstalled the dell dock from the website, it was completely different. I'm trying to find out how I can get the Dell Dock that was originally on my laptop! Help please!!

3.1K Posts

November 9th, 2012 20:00

HI Hannah,

It may not be possible to get the older version of Dell Dock. The website is updated with the latest version of Dell Dock. I have attached a file of an older version of Dell Dock. You may try to download and install it on the computer. If it does not work, then you need to download the latest version. You can watch the video on Dell Dock by clicking on the option 'Find out more''

Here is the file:

http://en.community.dell.com/cfs-file.ashx/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/3524/0250.DellDock15c_5F00_setup_5F00_ENG.zip

Please reply if you have any questions.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

November 10th, 2012 05:00

Just check that the one you had wasn't Dell Stage. Dell Stage replaced Dell Dock on newer systems.

You can get it from My Dell Downloads see here.

No Events found!