Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 5th, 2012 07:00

Display turns off while installing windows 8 consumer preview on my Dell Inspirion n5110

I was going to give a try to windows 8 consumer preview. While installing, everything was going fine, but suddenly the display turned off when the windows setup was readying devices. I heared that issue is there with intel HD graphics 3000 and the OS works well if the driver is disable for the grahic adapter. Any help?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

March 5th, 2012 08:00

You probably should skip the win 8 preview if your hardware is not supported. The preview is only for testing on a computer that is not your primary computer. It should not be installed on a laptop or any computer that you use everyday. The Microsoft site has a forum for questions about Win 8. answers.microsoft.com/.../windows_8

15 Posts

March 6th, 2012 13:00

The problem is not with your HD Graphic 3000. Actually, the problem is your laptop LED or LCD. I have a corei5 desktop system windows 8 consumer preview runs fine on it but when i installed it on dell inspiron n5110, display turned off during the installation.

Solution: your laptop display will not work, you will need to connect an external LED or LCD monitor. However, final product of windows 8 or any future update from Microsoft will resolve this issue but for now if you want to try window 8 connect an external display to you laptop.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

March 6th, 2012 13:00

If you are able to get display on an external monitor, you might try looking for a driver to possibly resolve it.

June 28th, 2012 03:00

I am facing the same issue

No Events found!