Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

8 Posts

September 24th, 2022 14:00

Driver updates, Administrator rights

I had been able to check for driver updates in the past without a problem. That is, until now. I recently received the message:  "Administrator rights are required to perform this action.". Since when? I do maintain an administrator's page on my machine but prefer to check for updates on my User page. However, when I get the message to invoke the admin page, I am offered no option (no button, no signature line) to sign in to it. So, how do I check for driver or hardware updates?

CartoonMan

October 15th, 2022 21:00

Same exact problem. Support Assist has been utterly unreliable and quirky, but this is the first time I received that message. I was using a User Account with Administrative rights as well. So I have the same question  Even the Quick Test for hardware yielded that exact same error message

162 Posts

October 28th, 2022 01:00

In the search box on the taskbar, enter device manager, then select Device Manager. Select a category to see names of devices, then right-click (or press and hold) the one you'd like to update. Select Search automatically for updated driver software. Select Update Driver.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez

No Events found!