Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 10th, 2003 00:00

E-mail - Outlook Express

I have no color in my e-mail - Outlook Express- Windows XP except black.  I would like to use red ue very often in work which I do.  Can anyone help me?

8 Posts

October 10th, 2003 02:00

Will give it a try.  Hope it works.  I need especially blue and red for emphasis when doing my work (creating mail) from the O.E. page.

1.3K Posts

October 10th, 2003 02:00

Lubert,

Go to Tools>Options>Font Settings. You can choose a Font color there.

18.8K Posts

October 10th, 2003 03:00

LuBert,

Open the New Message window and make sure that under Format you have selected Rich Text (HTML). That will place a formatting toolbar above the message drafting area.

8 Posts

November 1st, 2003 19:00

Going to Tools doesn't add the color when you create mail.  Try it.  Also the speller does not work on my Outlook Express.  It has been uninstalled and reinstalled and no one has been able to come up with a solution.  This is a new computer......Windows XP and I have Word Perfect.  Several think I must have Microsoft Word for Outlook Express to work properly.  Others doubt this - why would a company sell computers where the program is known to not work.  There must be something else.  Help!

2 Intern

• 

20.1K Posts

November 1st, 2003 19:00

You do need Microsoft's Word, Excel or Powerpoint installed so that MS Outlook Express can use the spell checker. OE cannot use Corel's Word Perfect for spelling. OE does not come with a spell checker of its own--not Dell's fault. Open Help in OE and look up spelling. It says: To check the spelling in messages

Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling command is not available.

4.4K Posts

November 1st, 2003 20:00

Or you can download spell checker for OE, such as this one

http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

or this one

http://www.alcodasoftware.com/spell-magic.htm

Note, I am not endorsing these, they are just two examples I found when I googled for 'spell checker for Outlook Express'. Suggest you do that and choose one you fancy.

1.3K Posts

November 2nd, 2003 21:00

Lubert,

It works for me. I change the font color under tools and it changes the color in my emails?

8 Posts

November 3rd, 2003 00:00

Do you have Microsoft Word, Excel, or Power  Point installed on your computer?

2K Posts

November 3rd, 2003 01:00

If you want to have HTML Format  & Toolbar permanently for "Create Mail" use OE , Tools > Options > Send tab , Mail sending format  HTML checked & if you also want to send pictures click on HTML Settings button & tick "Send pictures with message".

Then if you want to change Font color during message click on Toolbar  "A" .
Toolbar for Font color is only active when you click on message Body.

As mentioned before you can download  FREE Spell Checker for XP OE from;
http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

Allow install to create new folder
Use OE "Create Mail" & Right click on 2nd Toolbar & select Customize to add ABC / Spelling
You can also use Inbox >Tools >Options >Spelling to set items.

1.3K Posts

November 3rd, 2003 02:00

Lubert,

Yes I have Word installed.

8 Posts

November 3rd, 2003 13:00

Marvin P.  I have been advised to install Word.  Supposedly this will correct the OE Problems - giving me a speller and color fonts (create mail).  I am going to try that but I do want to keep Word Perfect also.

8 Posts

November 6th, 2003 15:00

Marvin P.  I did install Microsoft Word and I now have the Speller.  So, it did correct that.

8 Posts

November 6th, 2003 15:00

Marvin P.   I have gone to Tools>Options>Font Settings>  When I choose a color it always goes back to black.  I have no color at all other that this.

Also when I am on the Create Mail message page and click on the A (for color) a dot appears before the color but then when the drop down tab disappears, it is the same as before.

1.3K Posts

November 6th, 2003 16:00

LuBert,

I'm glad you got the Spell Checker, I don't know any other way to get colors. Do you get color in Word?

8 Posts

November 6th, 2003 18:00

No Color in Word for OE.  I will keep trying.
No Events found!