Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

WC

September 19th, 2016 11:00

EXCEL SHEET NOT DISPLAYED

I have a spreadsheet containing several worksheets

It should show names of worksheet at bottom of desktop!

Today it just gives me blank worksheet and F1 for NAME at RIBBON....

However if I do print & preview I see the expected text and I can print it OK

I had been working with page breaks  yesterday  with different file

HELP would be appreciated

UPDATED:

I have looked at PROPERTIES(ADVANCED) ;

Somewhere within that reference to 3 worksheets. I have LOTS (>1o!) I)s this relevant.

I was also able to 'find' text  which is a good sign

The worksheet is grey rather than white

I believe I had something very similar several months ago disappeared (possible  virus....??)

By the way: I'm not a robot! Does this serve any useful purpose, or just annoys your loyal customers.

Thanks. Keep up the g8ood work.

I am running windows 7

• 

16.7K Posts

September 20th, 2016 06:00

Walter Carlson,

Perhaps you can rename it, File: Save as with a new name, . Then go in and name the tabs at the bottom, save it, and see if what you need is there. If so, delete old broken spreadsheet and rename this to the right name.If that does not resolve the issue you will need to contact Dell Software Support. Contact information is listed below.

Dell Support 

September 20th, 2016 10:00

Dear Jesse

Is it possible for you to phone me. to talk through problem. Have seen unexpected icon but want to talk with someibody.

<ADMIN NOTE: Phone number removed per privacy policy>

Hope this gets to you!

Regards

I am outside software support. computer 4 years old ;

Walter

• 

16.7K Posts

September 20th, 2016 10:00

Walter Carson,

Unfortunately, I work on the social media team in the US, I do not have a work phone.

September 21st, 2016 08:00

Hello Jesse

Hello Jesse

Can you see update sent 21st? copied to flash drive , tajken to public cimputer ; OK

flash drive on my computer still shows grey

Dear Jesse

Hope this gets to you.

From the grey file which do-e noyt show text, but which info print is ok.

I saved file to flash drive, took to public library and can open file OK without problem

putting flash drive in my computer gives me grey

I have seen similar problems from others from Microsoft cimmunity

Not sure how Microsoft community work

any assistance would be appreciated

Any online chat possible UNITED KINGDOM

Regards

• 

16.7K Posts

September 21st, 2016 09:00

Walter Carson,

Click the link below to view what users did to resolve the possible issue you are having with Excel.

Excel Files

September 26th, 2016 12:00

Dear Jesse L

After various suggestions were made by Dell forums and/or Microsoft community I have resolved my particular problem. FULL SCREEN fixed it. Should my problem be put onto excel files (known problems) which you asked me to look at. I really am curious what happened and why full screen fixed it. Will it happen again? My problem only occurred on one particular folder, other excel files in other folders OK

Do not know what caused it, just happened  (as mentioned by others in excel files)

If you want me to produce a document explaining problem again let me know

thanks for your help

Walter

• 

16.7K Posts

September 27th, 2016 05:00

Walter Carson.

Glad to hear you got it resolved. You can add it to the Excel forums. Someone may experience the same issue.I cannot say why this fixed the issue and  I do not know if it will happen again.  If you would like to write an FAQ on this issue you can post it on the forum productivity software board.

September 27th, 2016 08:00

Dear Jesse

Many thanks.  Will be happy to document problem. Please let me know how to do what you had suggested (FAQ?). ... not today,but within a week hopefully. Possibly you may want to shorten it.

Sorry for being a pain about it.

Regards

Walter

• 

16.7K Posts

September 27th, 2016 10:00

Walter,

You can click the link below to post your Excel Document whenever you have it done. You would create it just like a forum post. Let me know when you post it and I will lock the post.

DCF-Production Software Board

October 8th, 2016 10:00

Hello Jesse

I hope you will see this note. I frequently fail and send message to myself.

Today, Saturday, I have posted a report using link which you gave me.

Hope you see it. Hope you can put it into 'appropriate file that other people will see.

Feel free to take out anything which you think is not needed, and/or contact me if any other queries/suggestions

Thanks also to Engelsen Fad of Microsoft Community who was also dealing with this problem

Many thanks again

• 

16.7K Posts

October 10th, 2016 06:00

Walter Carson,

Thank you. I will check it out and add it to the faq. 

No Events found!