Highlighted
Carak
1 Copper

Error 0xc0000001 Possible OS issue

Hello,

I recently purchased my Inspiron 13z and it's been working fine on Windows 8. I was surfing the web late last night and I get this blue screen that says something is wrong with the operating system, and I let it reload 3 times and nothing happens on a good note. I keep on getting the same message upon restarting, "Shift + f8" doesn't work for me, and so I can't get to advanced repair settings, as suggested on other similar threads.

I'm able to run diagnostics and everything is green lighted, except for my hard drive, and it comes up with the following error message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error code 2000-01 42

Validation 66039

Msg: Hard Drive 0 - S/N TEA55G49DHH26L, Long self test unsuccessful

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did a quick test of the hard drive first, and got greenlighted, but I got the error message when doing the more thorough test option, to clarify.

Once again, I believe something's up with my hard drive/ OS and I can't get to "advanced repair" like suggested on similar threads. In addition, my warranty is still active so, I hope this problem can be fixed one way or another.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Error 0xc0000001 Possible OS issue

Hi Carak,

I appreciate your technical expertise. Thank you for the detailed error message. This error indicates the HDD is faulty. In case the system is under warranty, send me a private message with the system service tag to assist you further. Please click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

Awaiting your response!

Thanks and Regards,
DELL-Sujatha K
Dell Social Media and Community Professional
#iwork4Dell
Order Status
Download Drivers

0 Kudos
Carak
1 Copper

RE: Error 0xc0000001 Possible OS issue

Hi again,

I believe I did send you a message, I just hit the "Send Private message" button because I couldn't find the "Start conversation" one. Hope everything's fine with that.

Thanks!

0 Kudos