Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

January 21st, 2008 17:00

Error 2738

I'm trying to install some nokia phone software and the screen keeps coming up with "Error 2738. Could not access VBScript run time for custom action". The application quits and does not install. I've got Windows Vista on Dell Inspiron 9200

2.9K Posts

January 21st, 2008 18:00

Have a look at this article. Also, make sure that you are running the software installation package as an administrator.

2 Posts

January 12th, 2010 11:00

I have read the article about Error 2738 and have followed the directions.  I received a message the the vbscript was registered successfully, but I am still getting the ERROR 2738 while trying to install VZAccess Manager software. 

Can you help?

1 Message

February 22nd, 2010 16:00

Thank god, I felt like I was the only one out there with this same issue.  I bought a brand new laptop in Dec. 2009 with Windows 7 (64-bit) and got the dreaded "error 2738" while trying to install VZAccess Manager software as well. 

Most of the issues regarding this error are directed towards Windows Vista and other software (like itunes or blackberry) downloads.  I've tried the above linked directions as well and it didn't work.  This must be a new issue b/c i couldn't find anyone else with the same error on Windows 7 except the 2 posted on here so far.

I've even had a couple IT guys from work check it out and they are stumped.  Verizon says it's Dell's issue (of course) and Dell wants to charge me $130 to fix it.  My opinion is Verizon needs to have a chat with Dell and make sure the product they are advertising as Win 7 compatible is, in fact, compatible with ALL Dells with Win 7!  I'm just frustrated I can't get any internet on my laptop.

Anyone out there find a cure??

1 Message

June 4th, 2010 00:00

Has anybody validated these solutions in the past 4 months?  I left my laptop at Best Buy for 4 hours and they worked on a solution that would allow me to install Verizon Wireless, but never came up with one.  Of course Verizon doesn't want my $1500 of fees over a 2-year contract to offer up any assistance.  And I've yet to find anything from Dell that is definitive.   Won't somebody at either Dell or Verizon take some initiative and solve this for us customers?

No Events found!