Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 2nd, 2017 10:00

Every 10 seconds video or programs jump

I've had a dell inspiron  15 7000 series (7559) for about a month and so far I have loved it.  Yesterday when I went to shut it down, it didn't shut down like it normally does.  A unexpected window popped up, but the display shut off before I could read it.

Today I've been having trouble with video playback.  It's not just on one application or site.  Netflix.  YouTube.  Facebook.  Even the free Microsoft Solitaire Program that came with the computer. Approximately every 10 seconds there is a jump in the playback or program.  It's almost as if another application is interrupting the current processes.  I've also tried to go into the Dell Help and Support Application, which I've had no problem previously accessing.  And for some reason its saying it can't connect.  Any help would be appreciated.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 4th, 2017 07:00

If the issue still isn't fix.....

I'd suggest you update the Video and some of the other drivers in your Dell Product Support page. Run the 'Guide Me' option which automatically detect driver updates for your system. Please follow instructions to run Guide Me option in Dell video below:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

" Yesterday when I went to shut it down, it didn't shut down like it normally does "

:emotion-2:

Since this happen only a few days ago, you can do a System Restore. The tool will go back to an earlier time before the problems occurred. Please type Create A Restore Point in search box, click on System Restore, and then Next, see image below: 

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click 'View All', and then Video Playback, run other tools as mark in image below:

7 Posts

Came back with "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem"

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 4th, 2017 08:00

7 Posts

March 4th, 2017 09:00

Under device manager I updated System Firmware 1.1.5 and HID Compliant Mouse.  Under Dell Support I updated Bios | Dell Inspiron 7559 System Bios.  I can now log back into the Dell Help and Support application, but it is still trying to complete a process every 10 seconds.

7 Posts

March 4th, 2017 09:00

Tried to restore to two separate points.  Both times system restore failed.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 4th, 2017 10:00

In device manager, you updated Video (Display Adapters) and Disk Drives ?  

Image - Dell Inspiron 3543:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 4th, 2017 11:00

Does this happen only in a particular browser such Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox ? You using Netflix, YouTube and Facebook windows store apps ? If yes, run the windows store apps troubleshooter.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

7 Posts

Yes, both the display adapters and both the disk drives were up to date.  I checked them in device manager and no up-dates showed in dell support.

7 Posts

March 4th, 2017 13:00

It happens in both Microsoft Edge and several apps such as Netflix, Facebook, and a Microsoft Solitaire game.  I ran the troubleshooter for Windows Store Apps and it found an error that it couldn't fix.  It came back with a message of "Windows store cache may be damaged".

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 5th, 2017 10:00

And then reset:

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Or reset each Apps individually in Settings: (Only the Apps you're having problems with....)

Type Setting onto [Cortana] search box, click System, Apps & Features, click on App, and then Advanced Options, see image below:

7 Posts

I followed your instruction on clearing the windows store cache.  After performing the WSReset.exe I restarted the laptop.  Playback still jumped.  I went back to troubleshooting on the Windows Store and I still got the same error message "windows store cache may be damaged", "not fixed".

No Events found!