Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 25th, 2013 08:00

Factory reset 15R Inspiron 7520

I am not able to Factory Reset my Dell Inspiron 15R 7520. I used recovery media and copied the factory image to USB and when trying to restore it , i get error saying "A required device isn't connected or cant be accessed

Error Code : 0xc000000f

please help me out!!!

1.3K Posts

June 4th, 2013 09:00

Hi vigneshprabha,

Have you tried the USB device on a different port? What is the operating system installed on the unit?

June 4th, 2013 10:00

Harish,

yes i tried.and getting the same error. windows 8

thanks

vignesh

1.3K Posts

June 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi vigneshprabha,

What is the reason for a factory reset? Is the system booting normally now? Have you tried with Reset option within Windows 8? You can find the steps below for Windows 8 Reset.

1) Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

2) Under PC settings, tap or click General.

3) Under remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.

4) Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: You'll be prompted to choose whether you want to erase data quickly or thoroughly. If you choose to erase data quickly, some data might be recoverable using special software. If you choose to erase data thoroughly, this will take longer but it makes recovering data far less likely.

Also refer to the below link for more information.

http://bit.ly/13IEsXz

8 Wizard

• 

47K Posts

June 7th, 2013 09:00

Boot error: status: 0xc000000f - winload.exe missing or corrupt

indicates a corrupted restore partition OR an attempt to CLONE the drive and do

a factory restore which is not possible because the recovery partiton is encrypted.

June 7th, 2013 09:00

Harish,

i am still getting the same error.

June 10th, 2013 01:00

how to resolve this? i need help on that.

Thanks

Vignesh

1.3K Posts

June 11th, 2013 10:00

Hi vigneshprabha,

This requires a reinstallation of the operating system. Kindly provide the system service tag through a private message. I will check what best can be done.

To send the system service tag through a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

1 Message

July 30th, 2013 08:00

Hey! Mines been doing the same thing. I need a step by step way of rebooting my whole computer. Thanks, Alex

1.3K Posts

August 7th, 2013 01:00

Hi aleeexjolley,

Please click on the below link to Restore Your Computer to the Factory Settings.

http://dell.to/17wH2BQ 

Please click on the below thread for Windows 8 Dell Backup and Recovery options.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19471699.aspx 

August 29th, 2013 02:00

Hi I have done those step that you mention for Remove Everything and reinstall window. the process goes upto 20% then a screen appear and says that there was Problem resetting your PC..

I am doing this because when I check my disk space in control panel there was 3GB unallocated space in Disk 1. so create the drive when I restart the window it showing me error now "Your system does not appear to have Intel Rapid Start Technology enabled"..

August 31st, 2013 05:00

this can be simply resolved...  when power on the computer immediately tap F2 on DELL LOGO. disable Intel Rapid Start, save the changes, the computer will boot, Download and install the following link. while installation if u get any error go to F2 and enable intel rapid start, or enable it after you reboot the computer / installation is complete.. reboot  the computer again. your issue is resolved...

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Software+Products&ProductLine=Chipset+Software&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel%C2%AE+RST)

September 2nd, 2013 08:00

last time i try to install the intel rapid start technology it gave me error saying that your computer didnt meet the minimum requirement but i happen to resolve this problem, and then factory reset my laptop. but now i am not sure if i have done the right thing,

there was a post over net, which shows no of steps resolve the problem using this site http://caspan.com/2013/07/setting-up-new-machine-with-intel-smart-response-technology-and-rapid-start-technology/

when i go to disk management there is Disk 1 that i created with 11GB space, but the caption says Hibernation Partion, in Rapid Storage window it show me SSD whith 2 partion, 1 with 11GB space for Data, and 2nd 19GB for cache but ssd is not shown in diskmangement, it show Disk 0 with 1TB which is my Hard drive and Disk 1 with 11GB.

this problem was arise when i went to disk management and extend my Disk 1, there was unnloacted space there so i extend 1 st partitiont then when i start my computer it always give me error even it couldnt be factory reset, then i change the disk 1 to dynamic disk then it allow me factory reset, but now i think the disk 1 is GPT format when i follow the above link steps, if you have any suggestion then please tell me.

September 2nd, 2013 14:00

SSD HDD is used for rapid boot as your computer have UEFI technology for faster boot and is not available for regular usage as it is work7ng on the ADVANCE RAID process to make the computer boot faster, please ignore all the paretions u see, some are hidden for recovery. Do not mak3 any chqnge in the partion as they may occur any un expected errors or issues.  As I asked u earlier, go to F2 set up screen check if the intel rapid start is enable or not...this should fix the issue as I do it on daily basis and they work great...

No Events found!