Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 11th, 2013 07:00

Favorites and menu bar

I have recently bought a laptop with Windows 8 installed and internet explorer 10. Funny enough but I can't locate the favorites and menu bar. I have looked at the forum and they all say that it is located at the top right end of the screen where there is a star button. The thing is that there is not a star button there. When I right click on the screen what is shown on the top of the screen is some "tiles" that is websites I have visited. but I can't find a star button. Could you please help me with that?

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 11th, 2013 09:00

Ah ... you are using the "metro" version of IE :)

On your Start Screen, right-click the IE icon, then click on Pin to Taskbar.  Then click on Desktop, and open IE from the Taskbar there.  This version of IE will be more versatile for your everyday browsing.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

July 11th, 2013 08:00

It is stored in your clipboard.  If you have Photoshop, Paintshop, Gimp, or Paint.NET installed, you can paste it there.  If you don't have a graphics program installed, you can use Microsoft Paint (go to Start and type in "Paint").  You can paste it there ... save it, then click the "Use Rich Formatting" link at the bottom of this forum text box, then click on the Insert Image icon to browse to your picture to upload it.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

Can you provide a screenshot (CTRL-ALT-PRTSCR) of what you are seeing?

2.6K Posts

Hello Deskbook,

Please try the suggestions mentioned in the following articles:

You may also refer to the video:

Hope this helps!

33 Posts

could you please tell me how I can provide a screenshot? I press CTRL - ALT -PRTSCR. Then where is the screenshot is stored?

33 Posts

Thank for helping me. Here is the screenshot.

33 Posts

July 11th, 2013 09:00

thank you. I Found it at last. Much appreciated it! I need to work more with internet explorer and windows 8. It will take some time but I'll get used to it.

No Events found!