Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 26th, 2011 16:00

Finger Reader Software for Vostro 3350/Win7 64bit

Hi,I did the fresh install of OS, including all drivers from Dell site. Finger reader device is recognized OK, but I can't find any link to DigitalPersona or similar software that actually performs finger based logons. My laptop was purchased without OS, so I don't have any installation disks.

4 Posts

May 31st, 2011 09:00

Thank you for reply, but apparently I wasn't clear enough describing my problem.

I already have Validity Sensor Driver, it is installed and works normally. What I miss is any software package that uses it (to provide logon using finger print, for example).

I saw references to some product named DigitalPersona or something like that, which was ( is ?) bundled with Vostro laptops, but it can not be downloaded from Dell's site.

• 

16.7K Posts

May 31st, 2011 09:00

Alexarl,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Below is the Driver for the fingerprint reader on the Vostro 3350.

Incident # 19116596

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 31st, 2011 14:00

Alexarl,

Did you try

When you installed Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) did you install the desktop/notebook utility and the chipset drivers first? If not the rest of the drivers will fail to install. How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order If you cannot find Windows 7 drivers, then try using the Vista (or XP) 32-bit drivers, for Windows 7 32-bit of the Vista (or XP) 64-bit drivers for Windows 7 64-bit and install the drivers in the Compatibility mode

Rick

3 Posts

June 1st, 2011 15:00

I am in the exact same situation.

can you please let us know when you find the software

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 1st, 2011 16:00

DaniG,

Did you try installing the fingerprint software from the disk? Did you try going to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number and look under security?

If no disk was provided, you should be able to download it from My Dell Downloads :: Login Use the same email address and password you use here. Then add the system to the list.

Rick

3 Posts

June 1st, 2011 19:00

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the quick answer.

I did going to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number and look under security and install that driver

I also went to My Dell Downloads :: Login but I dont see a link to download it from there

thanks

4 Posts

June 2nd, 2011 00:00

I  didn't receive any disk with my laptop (it was supplied without OS).

I don't have any problem with finger print device driver - the one that is available on driver downloads page for my model installed and works OK. What I miss is software that integrates with Windows and allows password-less login based on finger scan.

If I understand correctly Authentec AES2810 is just device driver for finger print reader (for another model of Dell's laptop), if this is the case it won't help me.

Or I am wrong and this download includes also software for login as well ?

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 2nd, 2011 02:00

The Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) is DigitalPersona Software. I had a Studio 1737 that came with Vista. I upgraded to Vista 64-bit, then upgraded again to Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. It had a fingerprint reader and use DigitalPersona and thes were the drivers I used. I also had the disk.

You should be able to get the disk from Dell. If in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA, otside the United States, call the Dell Tech Support in your Country.

Rick 

3 Posts

June 2nd, 2011 09:00

Alexarl,

It is the same situation we are in, although

I did get the OS and driver disks but the digitalpersona software is not in there.

You are right the  Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) suggested by Rick is not for our vostros. Thanks Rick for the suggestions though.

There is an update (patch) for the software in the dell support website but not the software itself

4 Posts

June 16th, 2011 07:00

Any news here? I´m having a brand new Vostro 3750 (DOS Version) and installed a fresh windows 7 pro copy...and i can´t get my fingerprint sensor working! I´ve installed the validity sensor driver too, but what´s missing now is a software to configure and use the reader...

4 Posts

June 28th, 2011 03:00

I didn't get any CD with DigitalPersona  with my laptop, only DOS installation CD.

Looks like Dell do not provide any means to use their finger reader for users who bought "naked" laptop.

1 Message

June 28th, 2011 03:00

The program used is DigitalPersona 5.20.230a , with the driver provided in the dell support page, (others versions doesn´t work). This program is in a individual cd (grey color), that came with the package.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2011 13:00

See if these drivers work.

Authentec AES2810 (Fingerprint Reader W7 64-bit) This is the DigitalPersona 64-bit drivers

Rick

4 Posts

June 28th, 2011 14:00

Hello Rick!

Thank you for your very fast answer! I purchased a vostro 3750 DOS-version, which means that a disk doesn´t exist in this case. When I enter my service tag number and search the security drivers, there´s only the validity sensor driver and nothing more. And the validity drivers don´t have any program with them, it´s just the driver so the fingerprint sensor can be recognized by windows... :(

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

June 28th, 2011 14:00

PeterFex,

My computer had DigitalPersona.

Does your computer have Dell Control Point. It might be there.

Leaving to go away. If your computer uses Dell Control Point, drivers are listed in THIS THREAD.

Back later tonight.

Rick

No Events found!