Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 30th, 2010 03:00

Flashing white rectangle

I have searched the forum and found a few similar problems but not the same, so apologies if this duplicates anything.  Also, I'm not sure if I have posted this in the correct forum, but I couldn't find a more relevant one.

There is a white/beige (rounded-cornered) rectangle that appears periodically in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  It's about 3 inches wide and 1 inch high.  It is located just in from the right-hand side and an inch above the bottom of the screen.

It pops up on top of everything else, kicking me out of full screen mode if I'm watching a video etc.

It looks like the kind of window that programs such as Outlook and Tweetdeck (both of which I have installed) use, but a different shape.  It is also similar to some of the operating system pop-ups (low power etc).

I am running Windows XP on my Latitude D630.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Gareth

1.1K Posts

May 30th, 2010 20:00

Hi Gareth

From what you say, the pop-up doesn’t provide any identifying information or generate prompt type messages?

Does it remain visible when you mouse over it or click on it?

Does it only appear when viewing online video type media?

1 Message

March 17th, 2012 16:00

I've had this problem since I got my Dell, I just went through and found out it's part of the Quick Set programs... The applications is called NicConfigsvc.exe. I read that it's not necessary for the anything so you can just simply kill it. It will, over time, pop back up so just continue killing it. Hope this helps because I know that it's really irritating!

No Events found!