Highlighted
2 Bronze

Greyed-out options to print frames

Hi All.

Does anyone know Why are my printer options relating to frames are greyed out and unusable? 
To get there: From the FILE menu click PRINT; on the PRINT window click
the OPTIONS tab;

The three options for printing pages with frames are greyed out so I am
not able to choose, and it is defaulted to "print each frame
separately."

How can I remove the grey out so I can use these options?

Thanx

(Dimension 4600-1024MB ram-120GB harddrive-WinXP Pro, OS Version 5.1.2600-SP1; Win Explorer 6.02800-SP1)

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
7 Thorium

Re: Greyed-out options to print frames

You must post the model printer you have. This has more to do with the printer than with XP. Some older printers will run on XP, but not with only the basic options. Make sure you have the latest XP driver for your printer, available at the printer manufacturer's web site.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks for pointing that out Mary.

My printer is an HP7100 series all-in-one and does have a current driver.

Can any one make a guess as to why the print frame options are greyed out?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
7 Thorium

The web page you are trying to print might be the problem. Try a different site and see if it works. Also--Look at Internet Options, Advanced tab and uncheck Print images and backgrounds. I see that my Print Options has "All frames individually" greyed out, but the other two are available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Thanks Mary, but I have tried many sites but only this one browser (Win Explorer 6, sp1).  I believe the problem is ith the browser, how i don't know.

Tom

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

OMG Mary,  neither a browser or a driver will affect the menu on ther printers display.  It's something inside the printer. Either hardware or a setting.  Many other Dell products do the same thing.

0 Kudos