Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 26th, 2011 12:00

HEEEELP : Internet programs crash in win7 !!!

Hi,

I got a DELL VOSTRO 1015 laptop and a WINDOWS 7 (home premium version) as an OS . And I do have a serious problem with many internet programs (Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo messenger, P2P programs, Paltalk..- except Mozilla Firefox-) those all crash in all the time and turn to a blank white screen :s .. It does really disturb me and disturb my mates especially while working and using video calls . It's been days since that problem came up.

I'm using Avast Internet Security but it doesn't show any kind of viruses that might be the source of the problem.. I download all the available updates for the OS i'm using.. but they still crash all the same.

Then what shall I do to solve the problem? And what is exactly the source of it?

Thank you for helping me .

2.7K Posts

December 26th, 2011 15:00

I'd try resetting your home page in Internet Explorer (Tools, Internet Options, General tab) first. Then I would check for malware.  I would download and install Malwarebytes, update this program and then do a quick scan for malware.  

8 Posts

December 26th, 2011 15:00

Its not about Internet Explorer (Idont use it at all) Its about other programs (as wlm .. p2p programs.. )

Well I did all that (with a complete slow scan).. there were two infected files and they are corrected now.. I rebooted the computer but the programs stil crash :s

What is it?

20.5K Posts

December 26th, 2011 19:00

If MBAM found two infected files, and you are using P2P, there is probably more infection in there.

My suggestion is to post in the Malware Removal Forum at SpywareHammer and have the staff trained in malware removal walk you through the diagnostic logs and a cleanup. Help is free, but you will need to register there. In addition, there are other options listed at the top of the Dell Virus & Spyware Forum. Some are free; some require a fee. Please use only one resource. It can be counter-productive to have too many people trying to help. Good luck! :emotion-1:

8 Posts

December 27th, 2011 06:00

The forum isn't available anymore

(Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /simplemachinesforum/index.php on this server.

Apache/2.2.16 (Atomic) Server at spywarehammer.com Port 80)

Yea I checked the other opinons .. only like these malware scans were suggested .. I tried many of them..  but no results at all :(  What to do then?

20.5K Posts

December 27th, 2011 07:00

As suggested above, it would be good if you posted in that Malware Removal Forum. Please read the instructions for posting, include the requested diagnostic log as well as your log from Malwarebytes.  You will be required to remove all P2P programs before you receive help. Someone will review the information and let you know if malware remains on the system. If that is the case they will advise on how to clean it. Dell Community no longer does that.

8 Posts

I could access it yea ... so its not blocking it. All the scans run normally and report that the system is clean.

so? :(

20.5K Posts

Click on the link in my signature and see if you can access SpywareHammer from that. If not, it could be that malware is blocking it. You say that you had no results from the scans. They would not run, they produced no logs, or they reported that the system is clean?

8 Posts

December 27th, 2011 08:00

All right .. Thanks :)

20.5K Posts

December 27th, 2011 09:00

You're welcome. If you have trouble staying online, let your helper know. He will include instructions for downloading tools to a CD or USB stick.

2 Posts

December 27th, 2011 14:00

I would reinstall windows if to mach crash, just safe your files somewhere externaly.

8 Posts

December 27th, 2011 16:00

I might need to do that I guess .. Thanks.

8 Posts

December 28th, 2011 15:00

Yea I got no other options then .. Thanks :)

20.5K Posts

December 28th, 2011 15:00

A reformat reinstall would definitely fix it. Make sure you do not backup any of the infected files, do install good security, and do not use P2P or torrents. If you do you will surely become infected again.

2 Posts

December 28th, 2011 22:00

Usually it helps

20.5K Posts

December 29th, 2011 04:00

Yea I got no other options then .. Thanks :)
Other options for what -- cleaning the malware, or P2P?

Yes, if you want to try cleaning it, click on the link in my signature and post at SpywareHammer. They will walk you through cleaning it.

No Events found!