Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 11th, 2014 14:00

HELP!! Downloading 3rd Party Software is not working

I own a Studio XPS 435t / 9000 running Vista 64-bit bought in 2009, and it was freezing, requiring a power cycle to bring back.

I ran Dell PC Diagnostics and it said I had to replace my Hard Drive.  So I bought one and was going to clone the old drive to the new one using Macrium software, but it failed several times, presumably due to the fact my old drive is on it's last leg.  I also tried DriveClone software and same failure.

So preparing for the inevitable task of reloading my OS, I went to my account, "My Software", and clicked on "Download Factory Installed Software (My Dell Downloads)".

That took me to "Register & Download Pre-Installed Software for Your New Dell Computer" where I read an End User License Agreement, and checked the box, "I have read, understand, and agree with the terms and conditions of the "My Dell Downloads" website."  That brought op a green oval "Register System" that I clicked on.  Nothing happened, except that page loaded again with the "I have read...." box checked - and I waited over an hour.  Unchecking and rechecking that box brings up the green oval "Register System" again, but clicking that oval reloads the page and nothing ever gets registered, nor is any download option for my 3rd party software shown.

Is there any other way to access this information so I can put them on disks for reinstalling everything again?  Or can the developers at Dell fix this discrepancy?  I never downloaded these disks when my system was new, and never received the OS with my system.  I do have the Windows Office 2007 disks, but without an OS, nothing else matters.

I also want to mention that I tried this on Internet Explorer v9, and Firefox v26 before and after clearing their cache, cookies, and history with the same result.

Thanks for your help!

2 Posts

January 15th, 2014 13:00

Still waiting for assistance.  Anyone?

January 21st, 2014 16:00

Add *.dell.com to your safe site list in Internet Explorer, disable the pop-up blocker and update Adobe Flash.

This was all it took the Dell Tech to get mine up and running after an SSD upgrade.

No Events found!