Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

November 25th, 2007 04:00

HELP!!! my wireless just stoped working out of no where and i dont know how to fix it

My wireless just stoped working a few days ago and thats all i ever use, i dont have a LAN or moden im on the road a lot. i thought it might be that i had to much on my laptop but i went a deleted a lot of stuff i didnt need and now it still isnt working. so PLEASE help if you know anything that might help. the dell support number i called isnt working because its after hours, and this is really anoying and needs to be fixed SOON!
   Nessa

3 Posts

i know my wireless will turn on but it wont pick up any networks. this might sound silly but ive gone to an IHOP my friends house and Panera Bread(sorry about spelling) all of which have wireless but my laptop wont pick any of them up

28K Posts

You are not providing enough information or answering the questions I have asked.  I can't help you if you won't provide the information.  Sorry.

Steve

28K Posts

It's awfully difficult to help with knowing which model computer you have and which make and model wireless network adapter you have.   Still, are you sure the wireless radio is turned on?   The Fn F2 key combination toggles the wireless radio on and off.   Does your wirlees adapter show up in Device Manager?  Does a wireless connection show up in Network Connections?  If so, if you right click on the wireless connection does it show that it is enabled?

Steve

Message Edited by volcano11 on 11-25-2007 12:11 AM

3 Posts

everything is turned on and working i have an inspiron b130  it just wont pick up any networks even though there are plenty

28K Posts

November 25th, 2007 05:00

This is frustrating.  If you don't answer my specific questions, I cannot know for sure what is going on.  Exactly how do you know that your wireless radio is turned on?   

Let's try some others.  Which utility are you using to manage your wireless connections - Windows or the Utility that came with the apparently unknown model of your network adapter (the Dell Wireless utility or the Intel ProSet Utility)?

See if you can do the following to help troubleshoot the problem - on the B130,  go to Start > Run and type cmd then click OK. In the command prompt window that opens, type ipconfig /all then hit the enter key. Write down the output from this command or select it and save it to a txt file, then copy this output into a reply to this message.

Steve
No Events found!