Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 27th, 2012 03:00

HOW TO MAKE RECOVERY OF WINDOWS 8 IN DELL INSPIRON 15R TURBO 7520

Can anyone tell me the steps to create a recovery for my system by using the DELL BACKUP & RECOVERY TOOL given with the system,please tell the steps for both optical disks & removable media.

2.6K Posts

November 27th, 2012 11:00

Hello BKBaidya,

Dell Backup and Recovery Application will replace DataSafe Local 2.x on consumer and vostro platforms and Dell Backup and Recovery Manager (DBRM) on commercial platforms.

The Dell Backup and Recovery Application allow us to create a copy of the factory image which allows the user to restore the system to factory settings in case of an OS crash. The factory image would contain all the Applications and Drivers that was installed on the computer when it shipped out of the factory. To create a copy of the factory image, follow these steps:

-- Click the Recovery Media tile.
-- Click Factory Backup.
-- Select either USB Flash Drive or Discs as per your requirement. Ensure to connect the USB Flash Drive or put blank media into the optical drive.
NOTE: If there is no Optical drive in the system, user can attach an external USB DVD writer.
-- Click Continue.
-- Click Start, at this point when you are prompted saying that the data would be lost, click Yes.
-- The factory image gets created on the USB flash drive or disc, click OK once done.

Click here for more detailed information on Dell Backup and Recovery Application.

Hope this helps! 

5 Posts

November 29th, 2012 03:00

Thanks for the info.I have followed the steps,but when i come to the step after factory backup.It's not showing the connected drives to start it.......And there is one thing i also want to know,how much memory will the recovery take ? This can give me an idea if i consider using the DVD option.

2.6K Posts

November 29th, 2012 12:00

Hi,

To create the Recovery CDs, you would require 2 to 3 DVDs. Once the 1st disk is completed it would prompt you to insert the second disk.
**Note: Use Branded +R DVDs. Memorex DVDs are not supported by Dell PCs. 

In case you are trying to back up on a flash drive; you would require a flash drive with 16GB of free space. The Recovery Partition is of 8GB. 

Please write back if you have any further queries.

5 Posts

November 30th, 2012 03:00

Many many thanks for the info.I am using a 16gb kingston flash drive for the recovery,but the software is not detecting the drive.Anyway i will try with DVDs.

2.6K Posts

December 3rd, 2012 22:00

Hi,

Glad to be of help!

5 Posts

December 4th, 2012 19:00

Thanks for your help,i made the recovery successfully.

2.6K Posts

December 4th, 2012 22:00

Glad to know that the issue was fixed. 
Please feel free to write back if you have any further queries in future.

2 Posts

December 11th, 2012 07:00

Click Start, at this point when you are prompted saying that the data would be lost, click Yes.

i dint get what data will be lost

2.6K Posts

December 11th, 2012 20:00

Hello Megha,

The prompt stating "the data would be lost" means your personal data stored in the computer would be lost. Data like: pictures, music or any kind of files or documents and also all the programs that you had installed. So we strongly recommend that you back up all the files and documents before you perform the step. You would also have to install all the programs after setting the computer to its factory image.

2.6K Posts

December 14th, 2012 01:00

Hi Megha ,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

2 Posts

December 14th, 2012 02:00

thanksss for the information .......

2.6K Posts

December 14th, 2012 19:00

Hi Megha,

Glad to be of help!

1 Message

January 28th, 2013 15:00

Dear bkbaidya,

I have formatted my dell system to downgrade OS and i have made recovery disk successfully,

Unfortunately I couldn't install other OS and I move back to windows 8 but when I started factory reset my system scratched my recovery disk.

Now I don't have recovery disk so can u plz upload the recovery disks and send me the link so that I can install factory reset again on my system.

My mail id is

thanx

Email removed per privacy policy by natakuc4.

3.3K Posts

January 29th, 2013 21:00

Hi bunti_o4u,

Clean reinstallation of operating system would erase the registry path for factory image.

So only the operating system reinstallation would be the best option to install windows 8 on the computer.

I have provided a Video below which would help you in reinstalling Windows 8 on the computer:

Please reply if you have any further questions.

2 Posts

February 3rd, 2013 06:00

Hi,

Can you please tell me if i can use two 8GB flash drives as i don't have a 16GB one.

No Events found!