Windows General

Last reply by 01-11-2010 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Have Windows 7 Discs Gone Out Yet?

Although I've seen a lot of Win7 FAQ's, I have not found one to answer if those of us that are in the upgrade program will get our discs soon after today's Win7 release?  Has anybody recieved one in the mail yet, or gotten an email from the Dell upgrade site?

Also, any word on if we will receive a new COA sticker for our computers, or will our old Vista key and COA do the trick?

Thanks

Replies (6)
3 Zinc

Since the upgrade will be an OEM edition, the Windows 7 update should self-validate. If it doesn't, the COA on the box or laptop should do the trick.

CondoCowboy,

Thank you for using the Dell Community Forum.

Since the date of release is today the disc would start shipping today.

If still under warranty, click the "Get help now" icon on the right to start a live chat session.
Find your Service Tag

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Just wanted to update that Dell had not sent my disc out, nor had I recieved an email from them that a disc was ready to send out. When I registered for the program on October 8th my email said I'd get an email when the discs were ready to send.  I just logged into the upgrade site and saw that it was ready for me to order and have sent.

So if anybody else is waiting for an email from Dell that never arrived, go login to the site now. Yes, I did check my spam folder.

3 Argentum

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

CondoCowboy,

Ha! two months later and am still waiting.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

[quote user="DELL-Jesse L"]

CondoCowboy,

Ha! two months later and am still waiting.

[/quote]

And as of today, i am still waiting and my status has now changed to 'On hold'. Dell, this is the worse customer service from a big company I have seen for a long time. Now watch your loyal customers fade into a distant memory.

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor