Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 12th, 2009 16:00

How can I get a replacement Operating System CD

How can I get a replacement operating System CD and original drivers and utilities CD?

36 Posts

July 12th, 2009 17:00

Searching through dells site I found this link that my be of help to you, Replacement Discs

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

July 13th, 2009 04:00

HERE is the direct link to the Dell replacement CD form.  Note, you must be the registered owner and have the service tag number to request replacements and not all systems (older systems) are eligible for the free replacements.

64 Posts

July 13th, 2009 08:00

Hey........ thats useful

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 28th, 2013 16:00

padyboy,

If you live in the United States, Request Backup Disks USA If in another Country, contact Dell Tech support in your Country.

Rick

23 Posts

Actually, there is no damn link here.

23 Posts

Service tage number .

Anyway, purchased a now declared-defunct dell desktop which arrived decades ago without os disk. Have product key, but have been unable to locate disk source. Am probably too late on this thread, but what the hell--have nothing to lose at this stage.  :emotion-6::emotion-22::emotion-39:

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

May 29th, 2013 02:00

Please vote for this IdeaStorm idea so Dell fix the issue with OS media requests or have Microsoft provide a downloadable .iso for Windows 8:

http://www.ideastorm.com/idea2ReadIdea?v=1369805756988&Id=087700000008mnRAAQ

Unfortunately however IdeaStorm requires a new login from the Community Forums.

Note for Windows Vista and Windows 7 you can use files from Digital River. If you use Activation Backup and Recovery to backup your current version of Windows Vista/7 you should be able to restore the product activation provided you selected the same version of Windows.

See Windows Reinstallation Guide/A Clean install of Windows for details on installing Windows (and downloading the Windows Vista/7 setup files):

http://philipyip.wordpress.com/dell-community-forums/ 

Can you state your model of Dell and version of Windows because your Service Tag has been removed because of the forums privacy policy.

1 Message

October 31st, 2013 03:00

How to replace my CD drive

77 Posts

October 31st, 2013 04:00

Hi pjdell,

Please click on the http://dell.to/1dRLByG link. Select Desktop or laptop for which you want to replace CD drive.

Select the type of Desktop or laptop type.

It will provide you with list of System Models.

Select the System Model for which you want to replace CD drive.

Click on Manuals and Documentation.

Click on Owner’s manual. The Owner’s manual will assist you with troubleshooting steps to replace CD drive for the system.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reply for any further question.

November 18th, 2013 00:00

How can I get a replacement operating System CD and original drivers and utilities CD?

No Events found!