Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 26th, 2016 16:00

How can I recover my system files

My 3 month old Dell 9020 USFF crashed after 10 weeks.  2 1/2 weeks and 4 service technicians later I finally got an operating computer with an OS in it.   (win 7 pro).  Win 10 is not compatible with several of my programs.

Now I need to find out how to recover my programs to the new drive. I though it would be wise to back everything up once I had everything set up the way I want it.  I used the Dell backup and recovery program to back up my system and my files onto 3 separate external hard drives.  Now Dell tells me their Dell backup and recovery program cannot recover my programs.  RIP OFF WARNING!!!!  Use someone else's software, Dell has gone into the toilet on quality.

Can anyone tell me how to recover so I don't have to spend a week reinstalling software????   

2 Posts

I tried it.  The only recover it will allow is the dell factory system image.  It won't let me look for and assign any other image.

2.3K Posts

Hello!  Sorry to hear you were having so many problems :-( Dell's Backup and Recovery software I believe is being phased out due to Windows 10's backup and recovery solutions being built in.  I know that doesn't help those with Windows 8.x or 7.  My first question would be, have you followed the recovery instructions listed here?

August 12th, 2016 23:00

In order to restore files from corrupted partitions, Windows Data Recovery tool helps get back lost data. Search, preview and restore features ensure that data while restoration is secured accurately. Whether its an audio, video, image, jpg, doc or text kind of format, files of every type can be restored using windows data recovery software.

No Events found!