drzhf
1 Copper

How to get the "Recovery Dell Image Factory" menu item back?

hi

It's a L702X, I divided the HDD into 2 partitions. When I press "F8" at boot up and select Repair, cannot found the "Recovery Dell Image Factory" item;

Dell support guy told me impossible to get it back, even using the Recovery DVD. It does not work for now. I just wonder why Dell hate the partition so much.

IS THAT TRUE, IF U BOUGHT A DELL COMPUTER, WHAT U GOT IS ONLY ONE PARTITION, NO BACKUP OPPOTUNITY WITHOUT EXTERNAL HDD!

YOU CANNOT GET LINUX/WINDOWS DUAL SYSTEM, JUST FOR THAT STUPID FACTORY RECOVERY FUNCTIONALITY, MOST STUPID POLICY EVER MET!

BTW, WITHIN ONLY AROUND 1 MONTH, DELL REPLACED MOTHERBOARD TWICE AND KEYBOARD TWICE.WHAT A LOW QUALITY!

I'M MISSING MY OLD IBM THINKPAD AND EVEN THAT ACER LAPTOP.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobinBredin
4 Ruthenium

Re: How to get the "Recovery Dell Image Factory" menu item back?

If your system is still in warranty, then Dell will supply you with a Recovery dvd. If you live in the US, then click on my green sig below, if you live outside the US, then give your local dell support a ring.

If my answer Was helpful?  Please let me know by clicking on the 'Did this answer your question' and clicking on the Yes button.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
Philip_Yip
5 Iridium

See my link below it tells you all you need to do to do a clean install of Windows 7, where to download it, make a DVD/USB and then activation via phone is required. You should use DBAN wipe your hard drive and then install UBUNTU on 1 partition and 7 on another.

Alternatively the wubi.exe lets you install UBUNTU within 7 in a kind of dual boot.

Dr Philip Yip
Tech Enthusiast and Author of the Unofficial Dell Windows Reinstallation Guide

Windows FAQs and OEM Downloads

#IDoNotWorkFor Dell
0 Kudos
drzhf
1 Copper

hi natakuc4,

I don't want a clean Win7. I just want to make that Menu back, whenever the system crashed, I can easily recovery it within half an hour. I've got the DVD, will try.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
RoHe
6 Indium

When you divided the partition, you probably changed the Master File Allocation Table and that's probably why the Repair option is not visible now.

There's some info about Dell's Recovery partition on systems with Vista here, but I don't know if this applies to Win 7.

Ron

Ron

Forum Member since 2004
   I am not a Dell employee

0 Kudos