Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 8th, 2011 07:00

How to restore my Dell Studio..the HDD is just plain blank now? Lost restore disks too...

Hello,please help me to solve this issue..It's driving me nutz from many days!

My Laptop: Dell Studio 1555 ,Win 7 Home Premium(64-bit)  pre-installed ,Intel core 2 Duo,4 GB Ram.500GB HDD

Problem:

In order to make room to install Ubuntu, I tried to partition the factory made C Drive using Partition Magic(Software).While running it , it asked me to alter some partition tables,I clicked 'yes',the laptop got restarted and was giving BSOD , then I took it to my friend(who is also noob :emotion-6:  ) he tried a lot to restore and finally erased my 500 GB HDD completely yes completely . Lost that RECOVERY(D) drive too.

Now I want it to restore to Factory settings with C and D drives. BUT I lost the DVD's which dell ships with new laptop , I live in India and they wont ship me another copy of those CD's . I'm left with blank HDD with Microsoft Key on the Battery Panel. I want my Laptop back to its initial state badly!!

Please help me...   

3.7K Posts

August 8th, 2011 09:00

Hello,please help me to solve this issue..It's driving me nutz from many days!

My Laptop: Dell Studio 1555 ,Win 7 Home Premium(64-bit)  pre-installed ,Intel core 2 Duo,4 GB Ram.500GB HDD

Problem:

In order to make room to install Ubuntu, I tried to partition the factory made C Drive using Partition Magic(Software).While running it , it asked me to alter some partition tables,I clicked 'yes',the laptop got restarted and was giving BSOD , then I took it to my friend(who is also noob :emotion-6:  ) he tried a lot to restore and finally erased my 500 GB HDD completely yes completely . Lost that RECOVERY(D) drive too.

Now I want it to restore to Factory settings with C and D drives. BUT I lost the DVD's which dell ships with new laptop , I live in India and they wont ship me another copy of those CD's . I'm left with blank HDD with Microsoft Key on the Battery Panel. I want my Laptop back to its initial state badly!!

Please help me...   

Well if Dell will not supply you a dvd, then you have 3 options: 1st, you buy a retail version, or 2nd, borrow a disc of a friend, and 3rd, download the version of Win 7 you have, and use the product key on your system case, below is a legal download link,

http://www.mydigitallife.info/download-windows-7-iso-official-32-bit-and-64-bit-direct-download-links/

No Events found!