Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2009 14:00

How to slipstream SP3 into Dell OEM CD?

I have the original Dell WinXP Pro SP0 OEM installation disk that came with my PC. I want to slipstream SP3 into it so I can create a Dell OEM WinXP Pro SP3 installation disk. Can someone explain to me the procedure to do this? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

January 20th, 2009 16:00

Tony,

How long were you searching before you found a good download for this? I thought they didn't have it available online anymore. I acutally zipped the file as a .rar file and emailed it to alegator. I really liked that program for backing up drivers. My friend Toni, used to have it on her website but things got bad with the marrage and the website was no longer there.

Rick

2.9K Posts

January 20th, 2009 16:00

Rick,

I found the freeware version of WinDriversBackup here:  http://www.aplusfreeware.com/categories/util/backup.html

According to the above link WinDriversBackup has changed to DriverGuide Toolkit-Commercial Version.

Tony

2.9K Posts

January 20th, 2009 18:00

Rick,

The way I found it was to Google the filename wdrvbck1.rar.  The second link listed by Google was this site:  http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/2007/PL2007FILEUTILITIES.php  which gave the link to the aplusfreeware.com site for the WinDrivers Backup Personal Edition.  

I'm good at Googling.

Tony

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

alegator,

Sounds like the same program that I emailed to you and Tony found the link for, except it's in Spanish. I don't know Spanish, so I would be afraid of clicking on something wrong.

Rick

587 Posts

Rick,

If you click the "Details" tab you'll see it's translated to english too. It's a good proggie, I already tested it. If you wish to try it here's the link again:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

4.6K Posts

January 21st, 2009 13:00

Those needing a program to backup their installed drivers, could do a lot worse than use DriverMax - which is FREE.

It can not only backup your installed drivers, but you can use the subsequent backup file to restore them again as well (if necessary).

It can also check for driver updates as well :emotion-11:

2 Posts

July 31st, 2009 17:00

Is it possible for me to get a copy of that driver backup utility. I am preparing to do my first slip streaming CD with my Dell Operating System CD and have been following the instructions and gathering the different programs so that I can successfully get back onto my computer. I finally succeeded in saving all of  "My Documents and Settings" to an external hard drive using Puppy Linux to get access. This has been a major learning experience for me. I have gone through about 6 CDs and a few Linux programs before I had success. I have been going slowly so I don't cause myself anymore problems. I posted what caused the initial problem (basically me) on this forum. Have been researching a way to fix it to death and I am ready now to give it my best effort. The instructions that you have given seem to be easy to follow. Thank you.  Still nervous though.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2009 03:00

LGracia,

We all seem to like using Wndrvrbckup Backup Utilities to backup our drivers. I have it put them in a folder, then you can slipstream the drivers to the disk.

You're tryint to slipstream XP, correct? Are you using nLite?

I actually used this version Live KNOPPIX 5.1.1 CD it has a program called k3b and i attached my external DVD burner to burn the files and folders from my daughters Laptop.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first, then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

:emotion-55: Hint :emotion-55: When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

No Events found!