alegator
3 Zinc

Re: How to slipstream SP3 into Dell OEM CD?

Rick,

If you click the "Details" tab you'll see it's translated to english too. It's a good proggie, I already tested it. If you wish to try it here's the link again:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/drvback/

0 Kudos
TheRealFireblad
5 Rhenium

Those needing a program to backup their installed drivers, could do a lot worse than use DriverMax - which is FREE.

It can not only backup your installed drivers, but you can use the subsequent backup file to restore them again as well (if necessary).

It can also check for driver updates as well

From experience, I've found that:   “Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder”!!

XPS M1730:

Smoke Grey Magnesium Alloy Chassis - with White LED Backlights
17" UltraSharp WUXGA Widescreen TFT (1920 x 1200) with TrueLife
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T9300 @ 2.50GHz (800 MHz FSB, 4MB L2 cache)
4GB (2x 2GB) Patriot Signature PC2-5400 @ 667MHz
DUAL 512MB Nvidia 8800M GTX cards in SLi + 128MB Ageia PhysX
640GB SATA II (2x 320GB WD Scorpio Black 7200rpm)
8x Super-Multi DVD±RW
Creative X-Fi Notebook (ExpressCard) + Creative GigaWorks T40 Series II
Integrated 2MP Webcam
Dell Wireless 355 Bluetooth 2.0 Module
Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-Card
TV Tuner and Dell Travel Remote Control
4-in-1 Flash Card Reader (SSD/MMC/MS Pro/xD)

230W AC Adapter / 9-cell Lithium-Ion Battery

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

0 Kudos
LGracia
1 Copper

Is it possible for me to get a copy of that driver backup utility. I am preparing to do my first slip streaming CD with my Dell Operating System CD and have been following the instructions and gathering the different programs so that I can successfully get back onto my computer. I finally succeeded in saving all of  "My Documents and Settings" to an external hard drive using Puppy Linux to get access. This has been a major learning experience for me. I have gone through about 6 CDs and a few Linux programs before I had success. I have been going slowly so I don't cause myself anymore problems. I posted what caused the initial problem (basically me) on this forum. Have been researching a way to fix it to death and I am ready now to give it my best effort. The instructions that you have given seem to be easy to follow. Thank you.  Still nervous though.

0 Kudos

LGracia,

We all seem to like using Wndrvrbckup Backup Utilities to backup our drivers. I have it put them in a folder, then you can slipstream the drivers to the disk.

You're tryint to slipstream XP, correct? Are you using nLite?

I actually used this version Live KNOPPIX 5.1.1 CD it has a program called k3b and i attached my external DVD burner to burn the files and folders from my daughters Laptop.

The Desktop/Notebook Utility needs to be installed first, then the chipset drivers. If they are NOT installed first, then the rest of the drivers will fail to install.

Since the operating system was re-installed did you remember to go to drivers and downloads, enter your service tag(DO NOT POST SERVICE TAG here or your post will get deleted, since it contains your personal information), and install these drivers in this order.

Hint When downloading the drivers, make a folder for each drivers and name it with the device it belongs with to make it easier to install them in the proper order.

Desktop System Software or Notebook System Software
Chipset or SMBus driver
Processor Driver (if applicable)
Video
Audio (sound)
Input Drivers (keyboard/mouse)
Modem
Network Card

QuickSet(Laptop only)

Rick

#DellRockstar

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it? 

Original poster, If you have solved your problem, can you please mark the correct thread(s) with your solution. Thanks 

Welcome to Dell Community!

#DellWorld 2012

#DellWorld 2015

#DellEMCWorld 2016

#MicrosoftMVP - Windows Expert-Consumer April 1, 2012 to March 31, 2015

0 Kudos